• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Media Browser

Judboy

Question

My Media Browser is hanging on Loading in my user account when I wish to preview a song or picture. Any idea on what is going on? It is working fine in other user accounts.

Note: I open the media browser in Toast 9.0.2 and I can see the thumbnails for iPhoto and track names for iTunes, but when when I click on the Quicklook Icon it just shows the message Loading...with the spinning gear and never loads a preview. It is ok in other user accounts. I did delete Toast Pref. file but that did not help. Maybe I missed a file that should have been deleted. Anyone have any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

I don't know what might cause that but I do have some information that might be helpful in troubleshooting this. If my iTunes tracks are stored on a external hard drive - and that hard drive isn't connected - the Media browser will show the tracks but nothing happens when I select the Quickview. The tracks located in my User>Music>iTunes Music folder do play when selected in Quickview. So it may be that the Media browser is reading the iPhoto and iTunes libraries correctly but the library isn't able to find the actual media files. This suggests to me that something in the OS is blocking the libraries from working properly with third-party applications. Do you have any other third-party applications that have media libraries? What happens when you try to select photos or iTunes tracks using iMovie's library?

I don't know what might cause that but I do have some information that might be helpful in troubleshooting this. If my iTunes tracks are stored on a external hard drive - and that hard drive isn't connected - the Media browser will show the tracks but nothing happens when I select the Quickview. The tracks located in my User>Music>iTunes Music folder do play when selected in Quickview. So it may be that the Media browser is reading the iPhoto and iTunes libraries correctly but the library isn't able to find the actual media files. This suggests to me that something in the OS is blocking the libraries from working properly with third-party applications. Do you have any other third-party applications that have media libraries? What happens when you try to select photos or iTunes tracks using iMovie's library?

IT WORKS GREAT in iMovie and other 3rd party apps in my account....only Toast has this issue and only in my account.

IT WORKS GREAT in iMovie and other 3rd party apps in my account....only Toast has this issue and only in my account.

It's going to be hard to troubleshoot this. Choose Files with the Media browser and bore down to a track inside your iTunes Music folder. Does the preview work when you select an audio track this way? It does on mine.

I'm not suggesting this as a workaround. I'm just trying to learn more about the issue.

It's going to be hard to troubleshoot this. Choose Files with the Media browser and bore down to a track inside your iTunes Music folder. Does the preview work when you select an audio track this way? It does on mine.

I'm not suggesting this as a workaround. I'm just trying to learn more about the issue.

No, it does not work that way either. QuickLook works in the Finder outside of Toast 9, but not in Toast 9 in my account. It is so weird because it works in all other user accounts. I have deleted Toast prefs. uninstalled and re-installed per Roxio instruction and still no joy in my account.

screenshot_01.jpg

I'm lost, too. If you create a new user account I'm presuming it will work based on what you're saying about other user accounts. So some file must be amiss in your user library that's interfering with Toast accessing files via the Media Browser. If you have Disk Warrior you might try running it. But this kind of problem is beyond my expertise.

No, it does not work that way either. QuickLook works in the Finder outside of Toast 9, but not in Toast 9 in my account. It is so weird because it works in all other user accounts. I have deleted Toast prefs. uninstalled and re-installed per Roxio instruction and still no joy in my account.

screenshot_01.jpg

I finally found the solution: I rebuilt the LS Database with Leopard Cache Cleaner and the Media Browser is now working in my account again.

Archived