Robert.Weatherman

Does Roxio Make Software To Interface With Moto Dvr?

Question

Hello, I'm very very much interested in copying my recorded TV shows and recorded movies from the Comcast provided Motorola DVR. I have seen that roxio has made such an animal in Toast that will accomplish this feat using a MAC and interfacing with TiVO.

My question is does roxio make something for the PC that will do the samething except with my Cable service providers Motorola DVR?

Thanks,

Rob

3 answers to this question

Tivo support is included in EMC, BUT, Tivo have started using anti-copy techniques on some of their programs and you can't copy those.

If your supplier is using the same method, then you are going to have the same problems.

All I can suggest is that you check with them as to whether or not they do encrypt

Also, how were you intending moving the AV from the DVR to the PC? If you can transfer the files as .avi, you should be able to see if they will work or not on the PC, then you can try the trial version of EMC9 (time limited and cut down version) available here

Tivo support is included in EMC, BUT, Tivo have started using anti-copy techniques on some of their programs and you can't copy those.

If your supplier is using the same method, then you are going to have the same problems.

All I can suggest is that you check with them as to whether or not they do encrypt

Also, how were you intending moving the AV from the DVR to the PC? If you can transfer the files as .avi, you should be able to see if they will work or not on the PC, then you can try the trial version of EMC9 (time limited and cut down version) available here

I was just going to use a USB data transfer cable or was going to look into useing firwire however my comp does not have a firewire port so I would have to look into getting some sort of adapter. I'm not really crazy about useing adpters so I would most likely try the USB transfer cable first.

I am interested in finding out what type of file formate woukld be used with my DVR before buying the cable because they are expensive. I work at Office Depot and can get one there for around $50. When and if I find this info out I will post it here for other to use or if anyone knows where I can go to find this info out I would be most appreciative.

Rob

I have a friend with Comcast Motorola DVR. He had to use Firewire and searched on the net for a driver particular to his model (shareware stuff). Motorola does not support these functions and on 'some' of the DVRs it is even disabled depending on the cable company. You need to do some online searching to get this work.