• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Emc10 Burning Issue Solved

TwoJerrys

Question

I am a new user to EMC10. I bought the software to create memory DVDs for my friends and family. Having created my first project I was so frustrated when I couldn't burn the DVD. I kept getting error messages when the project was encoding in Videowave. After many hours sitting in front of the computer I solved this problem by sending the product to My DVD. It burned first time without any problems. I have recently presented our friends with the first project and they are thrilled.

5 answers to this question

Jim,

I followed your instructions and used MyDVD Express and when the burn was completed I tried to play it in my dvd player attached to my tv and "Disc Error" was displayed.

When I inserted it into my computer the message "Please insert a disk into Drive D". I tried several times and got the same result.

It was my first project so I'm probably doing something wrong. For the past three weeks I have been on the Copy and Convert forum trying to get my computer to recognize my burner and I though I was home free.

Here are some details of my system:

Windows XP Pro 5.1 Service Pack 2

HP Desktop Model d220MT

Intel Pentium 4

Physical Memory: 248MB

Graphics Controller: Intel 82845G/GENERAL LEDGER/GE/PE/GV

DVD Burner: HP DVD 1040i-4H10 Super Multi DVD Writer

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

The fact is that VideoWave doesn't burn anything!

If you select Burn in VW, it invokes MyDVD Express.

However, the method you describe is the way that most users prefer and the majority have never seen MyDVD Express.

I followed your instructions and used MyDVD Express and when the burn was completed I tried to play it in my dvd player attached to my tv and "Disc Error" was displayed.

When I inserted it into my computer the message "Please insert a disk into Drive D". I tried several times and got the same result.

It was my first project so I'm probably doing something wrong. For the past three weeks I have been on the Copy and Convert forum trying to get my computer to recognize my burner and I though I was home free.

About how many minutes should your finished production be, 30, 90? When its encoding in MyDVD Express, what are you seeing? How long is the encoding process / burn taking? Have you tried using MYDVD rather than MyDVD Express?

Look on the 'burned' side of the DVD...... Does it look like there was any information burned onto the DVD?

It sounds like you have a bad burn and that might be the fault of the 'brand' of DVD or the writing process.

Check the HP website Support and see if there are any 'updates' for the burner.

Sometimes burning to an 'image file' and then using that file to burn to the DVD results in a better burn.

Archived