Cutout Of A Picture Picture

mondschain

Question

Hi, sorry I am a bit new... I would like to add a coutout of a picture and add it to a movie clip. Like in some menus they animate only the person. Is that possible in roxio 8? If yes, then how? I have looked if there are previous listings that have discussed this. But there are so many I get lost in them...

10 answers to this question

I am not sure I understand exactly what you want, but the cutout could be put in the overlay track and then edited, maybe you could make what your wanting to achieve a little clearer. :)

Thank you patty for your reply....

well what I mean is ... I just want to cut out my babys picture (no background) and add it to my movie... so not the whole picture just the baby ... and mabe make it move a little....

Glad it helped. Sometimes a picture IS worth a thousand words. :)

That leads me to another Question can you do something similar to a moving object? Like get an overlay of a movie ( just the baby for instance) just the moving object. Can I get the baby crawling over another movie without having the background of that movie?

Yes, you can. You use the Chroma Key for the overlay. This can be a bit tricky and really needs a solid background color behind the moving subject.

I will shoot some with a solid background and then try. but its really nice to get so much help here... I purchased roxio 8 because I like roxio...I had roxio 6 it was good..... But the best is that I get to learn so much from this discussion group. No software is good if you dont know how to use it. thank you again.

Google 'chroma key' for some very good reading on the subject. It is the samething they use for the weatherman when he stands in front of the weather map. Lighting is important with a evenly lit background. However with your subject, that maybe a little difficult. LOL Some trial and error will help you understand what you need.

Archived