• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"convert Your Mom" Dtv Campaign

cdanteek

article

The Consumer Electronics Association has asked Florence Henderson, who played Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch, to 'encourage baby boomers to help their elderly parents, relatives and neighbors to get ready' for the transition to digital TV.

I ordered the coupons for the converter boxes months ago for my Mom and we still haven't received them. I wonder how long we should wait until we complain? LOL

I have had mine for at least 30 days.

Thank you for applying for a Coupon online.

IMPORTANT:

TV converter boxes are not expected to be available in retail stores until late February or early March. You will receive your Coupon(s) then. The Coupon will expire within 90 days from the date it is issued.

Please print this page for your records; your application is reprinted below.

If you have any questions, you may call the Toll-Free Consumer Support Hotline

at 1-888-DTV-2009 (1-888-388-2009), 1-877-530-2634 (TTY), or write to us at:

TV Converter Box Coupon Program

PO Box 2000

Portland, OR 97208-2000

Number of Coupons Requested: 2

Statement Selection: Cable/Satellite

Date Submitted: 01/01/2008

cd

I already got 1 box to play with and it's simple and works fine. My out of pocket was $20 and change but it's possible the prices may come down. It took me 2 months to get my coupons and then you only have 90 days to redeem them. I got mine at Radio Shack and they only had one kind of box. Actually, in my area, I think there are only 4 different styles even sold now. Radio Shack didn't even know how to apply the coupon and neither did the supervisor they called so they treated it like a gift card saying they knew that was not the correct procedure. I didn't care as long as I still got $40 off.

I hooked it up to a 25 year old Zenith 19" tv and used the rabbit ear antennae that came with the set and got every channel I was suppose to. Very simple set up instructions when I turned the unit on.

This is the schedule posted on the site. They originally said 2-3 weeks. HA! Typical gubbermint efficiency that it's taking 4x as long! I still don't have mine.

mail date based on the date your request was received and processed:

Your Application Approval Date Targeted Mail Date

January 1, 2008 2/18 – 2/29/2008

January 2, 2008 3/3 – 3/14/2008

January 3 - 6, 2008 3/17 – 3/21/2008

January 7 – 13, 2008 3/24 – 3/28/2008

January 14 – 30, 2008 3/31 – 4/4/2008

January 31 – February 16, 2008 4/7 – 4/11/2008

February 17 – 24, 2008 4/14 – 4/18/2008

February 25 - March 10, 2008 4/21 – 4/25/2008

March 11 - 23, 2008 4/28 – 5/2/2008

March 24 - April 4, 2008 5/5 - 5/9/2008

WOW are you saying that the government in the USA are giving $40 discount vouchers towards

Digital TV set top boxes ?.

We have now started converting to digital TV in the UK (without any subsidy from the government),

set top boxes cost between £20 ($40) and £45 ($90). All the government are doing is selling off the

bandwidth and pocketing the proceeds !

And to think that we invented TV.

Regards,

Mastercare.

WOW are you saying that the government in the USA are giving $40 discount vouchers towards

Digital TV set top boxes ?.

We have now started converting to digital TV in the UK (without any subsidy from the government),

set top boxes cost between £20 ($40) and £45 ($90). All the government are doing is selling off the

bandwidth and pocketing the proceeds !

And to think that we invented TV.

Regards,

Mastercare.

Yep, each household is allowed 2-$40 vouchers for 2-converters. Even though much of the country gets their tv from cable and satellite they are concerned that in the rural areas and that those who can't afford the higher priced tv's won't get the info they need (stuff like Reality TV, TMZ, etc) so they want to make it easier for them to convert their old tv's to receive the digital signal.

(stuff like Reality TV, TMZ, etc)
Most important - emergency broadcast notifications. I don't know a single person that owns a weather radio or any type of radio for emgergency use.

I still think there will millions without TV when the final switch over happens. Even WITH a coupon, a lot of people can't afford these things.

Most important - emergency broadcast notifications. I don't know a single person that owns a weather radio or any type of radio for emgergency use.

I still think there will millions without TV when the final switch over happens. Even WITH a coupon, a lot of people can't afford these things.

I can assure you in Hurricane Alley down south, we have lots of weather radios in our houses.

Now ask me if I ever turn it on. :blink:

Archived