• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

gawd

no artists names

Question

I want to include artist and song title on my audio cd mixes. I burn a cd and bring up label creator, choosing booklet and back. Only song titles are there. So I edit and add artists. After I do all that and choose font and size, neither the artist or the song title is there! What am I doing wrong?

7 answers to this question

I want to include artist and song title on my audio cd mixes. I burn a cd and bring up label creator, choosing booklet and back. Only song titles are there. So I edit and add artists. After I do all that and choose font and size, neither the artist or the song title is there! What am I doing wrong?

One more bit of info. Even when I put in a commercial disk, bring up label creator and click on fill from disk, nothing appears.

I posted somewhere else, but I am having this same problem. I burn a music cd with transitions. I bring up create a label after it's burned and only song titles appear. Not artists. I had EMC 7 and both artists and titles appeared. OK, so I am willing to add artists to each song (with a lot of pissed off energy) and go one by one editing the track titles. When I'm done, everything disappears.

I tried starting over with the same disk, and it can't recognize any tracks. Nothing appears, it's a blank slate. WTF???? I spent a lot of time figuring out that I had to get the full version of EMC 10 in order to get the transitions feature (which isn't even in Music Lab!) and now this? What kind of crap are you folks putting out and aren't you doing any kind of testing? I just bought a new Dell with Vista. Is there something about the Vista version? Grrrr, I'm just a whole lot frustrated!

I think the answer is that Roxio still doesn't have this function after all of these years. They are advertising "make mix cd's" but the cd labeler only handles lists of songs by a single artist. You have to edit the track names to include both the track and the artist, which is not compatible with anything else.

Come on, Roxio, this cannot be a hard improvement to make, can it?

I think the answer is that Roxio still doesn't have this function after all of these years. They are advertising "make mix cd's" but the cd labeler only handles lists of songs by a single artist. You have to edit the track names to include both the track and the artist, which is not compatible with anything else.

Come on, Roxio, this cannot be a hard improvement to make, can it?

This is not Roxio support or development; contact them directly with your suggestion

Thanks I did, Walt, but one does hope Roxio staff monitor these discussions and are responsive to our valuable customer feedback.

Thanks I did, Walt, but one does hope Roxio staff monitor these discussions and are responsive to our valuable customer feedback.

Roxio staff does not regularly monitor these forums although sometimes a Roxio employee (main John) sometimes peeks in.

After much experimentation and contact with Roxio email support, I have to discourage anyone that uses EMC10 to make music mixes and wants a label making program that includes artist-title information. First, the functionality for making mixes is great. Xfades, fade in-out is easy to use and the ability to listen to the transition is great. But the problem occurs when burning the disc. It does not record any artist-title information. This is the case even though I ripped cds accessing the CDDB service for artist-title info to store on my computer. With EMC10 I make my mix and burn the cd. But all that is record is New Artist-New Tlitle for each track. So you can't use the fill from cd feature to get your track listing. If you use Express Label, you can get the title listed for each song, but not artist nor song length, and the tracks aren't numbered. When I try to edit to add artist and timings, the whole thing disappears. What's maddening about this is that I had EMC7 on my old laptop running XP and the label creator worked beautifully, recording artist-title-length. I could edit anything without a problem. It completely sucks that they have forgotten or deleted this feature. Maybe this program is good for slide shows, video, etc (not my interest), but if your interest is music mixes and burning to cd with complete track information, DON'T BUY THIS PROGRAM.