Sonic Cineplayer Uninstall Problem

radioroz

Question

I keep getting an error message when trying to uninstall V1.5 that came with Pioneer DVD burner so that I can install the V2.3 in EMC8.

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package Sonic CinePlayer.msi in the box below" then has a suggested path or your can browse a path. Then after hitting OK again, it says " verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package Sonic CinePlayer.msi in a folder from which you can install the product Sonic CinePlayer".

After doing a file seach, my computer shows there is no such .msi file anywhere, even in shared folders or on our LAN. So I can't un/install anything if it doesn't exist. I tried reinstalling it from the Pioneer DVD drive bundle disc, but got the same message to install it. When I tried uninstalling it (for kicks, then restoerd it) from my husband's computer (on LAN), it had no such messages but also no .msi file, so just work like a proper uninstall.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

I keep getting an error message when trying to uninstall V1.5 that came with Pioneer DVD burner so that I can install the V2.3 in EMC8.

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package Sonic CinePlayer.msi in the box below" then has a suggested path or your can browse a path. Then after hitting OK again, it says " verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package Sonic CinePlayer.msi in a folder from which you can install the product Sonic CinePlayer".

After doing a file seach, my computer shows there is no such .msi file anywhere, even in shared folders or on our LAN. So I can't un/install anything if it doesn't exist. I tried reinstalling it from the Pioneer DVD drive bundle disc, but got the same message to install it. When I tried uninstalling it (for kicks, then restoerd it) from my husband's computer (on LAN), it had no such messages but also no .msi file, so just work like a proper uninstall.

Thanks!

You might have to do what I did. Download the Windows install cleanup utility from here.

Remove everything you find for Cineplayer and reinstall the new version.

Archived