Pan And Zoom Preview Screen Blank

robmel1

Question

I am unable to see anything in the preview screen using Pan and Zoom. In fact the whole procedure to use this feature, in my opinion, leaves a lot to be desired.

I tried both 'Hardware' and 'Software' rendering with no difference.

Maybe it's me but I think the same feature in 7.5 was quite a bit easier to use. Is there anything that clearly explains how to use the Pan and Zoom option for 8.0? The manual isn't much help and the help explains how to do Pan and Zoom but they're assuming the preview screen is available.

Thanks,

8 answers to this question

I found out why I am unable to see an image in the 'preview' screen during the 'Pan and Zoom' option. I was trying to affect images from a production I had created in EMC 7.5 and it looks like there's nothing that can be done with images created in 7.5 using EMC 8.0. I guess the only way to use all the features of 8.0 is to recreate the production picture by picture. When I start a new VideoWave production in 8.0 I'm able to see an image in the preview screen.

Has anyone else run into this and is there anything that can be done in this situation - short of re-creating the entire production.

Sorry for the confusion.

Robert

I found out why I am unable to see an image in the 'preview' screen during the 'Pan and Zoom' option. I was trying to affect images from a production I had created in EMC 7.5 and it looks like there's nothing that can be done with images created in 7.5 using EMC 8.0. I guess the only way to use all the features of 8.0 is to recreate the production picture by picture. When I start a new VideoWave production in 8.0 I'm able to see an image in the preview screen.

Has anyone else run into this and is there anything that can be done in this situation - short of re-creating the entire production.

Sorry for the confusion.

Robert

Most productions created in EMC 7.5 can be loaded into EMC 8 as long as you still have EMC 7.5 installed., especially if you used EMC 7.5 effects and transitions. I am not sure what you mean by "images created in 7.5"

I tried the latest NVIDIA driver but with the same result.

Someone posted that updating the AGP drivers for the motherboard fixed the pan/zoom for him. He had the VIA chipset on his mobo.

Is this in reference to the BIOS version? If it is, I'm a little leery about updating the BIOS unless it's abolutely necessary.

As far as the DirectX I'm unable to install it.

Robert

AGP is not the BIOS. It is the actual chipset that controls the information flowing to and from the graphics card.

I just looked up your motherboard on Asus and it does use the VIA chipset. Go to www.viaarena.com and download there Hyperion Driver here. This file includes the AGP driver and the IDE controller drivers. This could fix your problems. ALWAYS create a Windows restore point before installing any drivers.

There was also a BIOS update at Asus. Maybe get a friend to help with that if you aren't comfortable doing it.

What I should have said was 'pictures' within a production (don't know where I came up with images.)

Anyway, what I found was a VideoWave production I created in 7.5 loads in under 8.0 as a *.dmsm file okay but some of the effects or transitions for pictures are different. One of the pictures near the end of the production in 7.5 has 'motion' to it but in 8.0 there was no motion. So that's when I tried 'Pan and Zoom' and 'Auto Motion without any success.

Robert

What I should have said was 'pictures' within a production (don't know where I came up with images.)

Anyway, what I found was a VideoWave production I created in 7.5 loads in under 8.0 as a *.dmsm file okay but some of the effects or transitions for pictures are different. One of the pictures near the end of the production in 7.5 has 'motion' to it but in 8.0 there was no motion. So that's when I tried 'Pan and Zoom' and 'Auto Motion without any success.

Robert

Robert, you are not the only one who has experienced this. If you have used transitions in a 7.5 project that are not included in V8, they are changed to something different when opened in version 8. Also, I have found that pan and zoom created in Version 7.5 simply does not work when that project is opened in Version 8. I have experienced both of these issues, and some additional ones related to text not being the same in Version 8 when created in 7.5. Please note, the above is base strickly on my experience on my machine.

Unfortunately, I have no magic way of telling you how to fix it, because I have not found one. In fact, I have found it easier to just start an entire project over in V8 rather than trying to fix the issues.

BTW, I do have version 7.5 installed on my system as well as V8, and I still have the issues.

Sorry I could not have been more help but sometimes it is just good to know you are not alone with a problem.

I appreciate the information. I think I've resigned myself to recreating the 7.5 to 8.0 production in VideoWave once I get up the ambition.

Actually I had also asked Roxio 'Self Serve' this question out of curiosity and they just answered that anything created in VideoWave 7.5 is not compatible with 8.0. Which may be true but you would think they would have considered coming up with a way to allow changes in 8.0 of 7.5 productions - it would have been nice.

Robert

Archived