• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Project Is Too Large For Dvd

junks833

Question

Hi,

i did a search and couldnt find exactly what i wanted so, basically heres my problem.

I have a 680mb avi file. I want to burn it to a 4.7gb dvd, everything works to that point. When i proceed to click 'Burn' .. it tells me the project is too large and if i wnt to burn anyway. I then looked at the projected size and it estimated the size is 8.7gb. 2x the size of my disc. Now, what my question is, why would the file be too large and convert to 8.7gb? And how would i go about fixing this to burn properly?

Thanks to all those who can help me fix this.

Hope to hear from you soon

2 answers to this question

Hi,

i did a search and couldnt find exactly what i wanted so, basically heres my problem.

I have a 680mb avi file. I want to burn it to a 4.7gb dvd, everything works to that point. When i proceed to click 'Burn' .. it tells me the project is too large and if i wnt to burn anyway. I then looked at the projected size and it estimated the size is 8.7gb. 2x the size of my disc. Now, what my question is, why would the file be too large and convert to 8.7gb? And how would i go about fixing this to burn properly?

Thanks to all those who can help me fix this.

Hope to hear from you soon

That 680mb avi file is propably a highly compressed DivX avi format file and has to be expanded to become DVD compliant which will increase the size.

You could "burn" that file to an image (iso) file - uncheck "burn to disc" and check "create image file". You should get a warning about the file being to large, ignore and click yes to continue. After the iso file is created, use Disc Copier to burn that iso file to the DVD. Disc Copier will transcode the iso file to fir on the DVD.

Archived