• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

richardteam

Emc 8: Not As Good As 7?

Question

I'm sorry for annoying everyone on an issue that you all have probably heard over and over again by amateurs to EMC8, but I think I missed this in the guides, and in the support section of this website.

In EMC7, I used to be able to do things such as adjust speed to a hundreth of a percent, adjust green/blue/red coloring (with videos, not just photos), and do everything advanced. The movies looked professional, except they couldn't be widescreen, so I got EMC8. And what happened is that now I can't edit anything the way I used to.

Is there a way to do this in EMC8? Also, EMC7 was far more organized. Here, everything is so complicated. Again, I'm sorry for being an amateur, but can anybody please help me? I'll generally list all of the things I can't figure out below:

-Coloring (Red, Blue, Green)

-Contrast and Brightness

-Speed (to the hundreth of a percent, not just tenth)

-Color Percent (Adding more color, or reducing it)

All of these things were under "Edit --> Adjust" in the right-click menu. They must be somewhere now... right?

Oh, and it would be great if there was a way to get the drag-and-drop system of files and effects and stuff from a big window like it was in EMC7. Is that possible?

Besides that, how do you Edit effects? None of these options are available. Please note that I didn't install the Contents CD, but the program never insisted on it....

Other than those issues, the program is better feature-wise.

-Thanks a million.

Richard

3 answers to this question

-Coloring (Red, Blue, Green)

-Contrast and Brightness

-Speed (to the hundreth of a percent, not just tenth)

-Color Percent (Adding more color, or reducing it)

Speed in V8 only has down to tenths.

Contrast, Brightness and Saturation is at the top of the preview. Click on the number once and you wil get a slider.

RGB is only available in the EMC8 Deluxe Suite.

Only the Deluxe Suite has options for changing options in effects. These options are in the 'settings' that is grayed out in the other versions.

post-49-1143346150.jpg

Edited by ggrussell

How can I get the delux version? Does it cost another 100 dollars? This is very inconvenient. EMC7 (or actually Videowave 7) cost me $80. It is so much better. Frankly, I am angry and disapointed. Please tell me there is a way to get my money back...? I bought it in a store, and I think I'd prefer to use another software.

If there is a way to get the quality of EMC7 with EMC8 (because EMC7 is the best software I have ever seen), please tell me how. Thanks.

Last question: Does quality get distorted if I edit a widescreen video in 4:3 aspect ration, render it in 4:3, and then convert it back to 16:9? MyDVD 8 had better be good, for what I paid for all of this entire mumble of Hard-Disk space waisting and uneffective CD.

if I edit a widescreen video in 4:3 aspect ration, render it in 4:3 and then convert it back to 16:9

Define how you did that? Is it letterboxed? It will affect the quality because you would have to cut off the letterbox and stretch the rest and it would have to be re-renderd. Videowave 8 can do this by using the new Pan/Zoom. I did it just to see if it would work on a home 4:3 video. My sister, who has a WEGA 42" plasma, said it looked fine. But I was working with an original 4:3 DV AVI file. Not a 4:3 MPEG file.

When it comes to quality, that is very subjective. Personally, I haven't seen any difference in V7 & 8 and in fact, my 80 yr old mother thought the V8 DVDs I have created looked better. I only capture to DV AVI from a Sony digital camcorder. I NEVER work with MPEG files. Prehaps that is the difference.

Capturing to MPEG may save on hard drive space, but INHMO only makes editing more difficult. Add to that Videowave and MyDVD may re-render the file causing a decrease in quality. In my recent project for my nephew, I am using MPEG files, but I'm not editing them at all. I just place them into MyDVD, create the menu and burn. In this case, smart render kicks in and I don't lose any quality in the final DVD.

As for the Deluxe version, contact Customer Service and see what they can do. Never hurts to ask. :)

Edited by ggrussell