Sign in to follow this  
gwhite

Temporary Files Not Deleting

Question

Hi,

I'm using Sonic DigitalMedia 7 and have been using the Disc Copy feature. It tells me that it creates a temporary file, but it does not seem to delete the file after resulting in a loss of space.

Could anyone give me a solution to locate the files so I can delete them.

Many thanks,

Gordon

www.learningvegas.com

3 answers to this question

Try the location suggested here.

If you can't find the temporary files there, come back and tell me what operating system you're using, and describe what your 'disc copy feature' looks like.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon,

Thanks for that, I managed to free up over 28 GB. There were lots of other files in this temp folder, are most of them needed or is deleting this folders contents something that should be done on a regular basis?

Gordon

www.learningvegas.com

Edited by gwhite

Hi Gordon,

It's a programming convention that you should only save temporary files into a temp folder, so anything that's in there should be able to be deleted.

If you're worried about just deleting the files out-of-hand, rename the folder from temp to perhaps temp1. The temp folder should be recreated next time you start Windows, and life will carry on as before. If nothing has complained about missing files after a day or two, you know the files now in temp1 weren't needed so you can happily delete the temp1 folder and its contents. If any program complains about missing a file that's now in temp1, you can just shift it back into temp.

Regards,

Brendon