• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

gi7omy

Xp Sp3 - Latest Info

"...Microsoft Corp. will release Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) to computer makers and some IT professionals next week, and it will offer it to all users via Windows Update April 29, two weeks from today, according to an internal schedule obtained by the Neowin.net Web site ... the service pack will debut April 21, when it's shipped to computer manufacturers, offered to volume licensing customers and posted for download on TechNet and the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN), which are subscription services for IT staff and developers, respectively. Most users, however, will first be able to obtain SP3 on April 29, when Microsoft lists it on Windows Update (WU) for download. However, Microsoft won't turn on the automatic download and installation of SP3 until June 10. more..."

Article here

Interesting article I suppose but it's really just a bunch of opinions, some for and some against, updating to sp3.

I haven't been paying much attention to the sp3 talk till now. I don't know if I should embrace the paranoia and just say no, or

trust that ms has my best interests in mind and say...give it to me!

I'll have to find some more info and see exactly what's in sp3.

Anyone have anymore good links with info?

Interesting article I suppose but it's really just a bunch of opinions, some for and some against, updating to sp3.

I haven't been paying much attention to the sp3 talk till now. I don't know if I should embrace the paranoia and just say no, or

trust that ms has my best interests in mind and say...give it to me!

I'll have to find some more info and see exactly what's in sp3.

Anyone have anymore good links with info?

Try Microsoft's site. Or, Google is your friend.

We were told at the MS launch of Server 2008 just under a fortnight ago that SP3 was due for release, if not that day, then within a 'few days'

One other thing we were told - IE7 will NOT be installed with the Service Pack :D

One other thing we were told - IE7 will NOT be installed with the Service Pack :D

I would venture that single issue is one of the major concerns of many. Well, it is to me at least.