Manual Fade Out Not Saved

edvalencia

Question

I'm working on a DVD with photos/video and several background audio tracks.

I am manually fading out the background audio on all the tracks in the timeline editor. The problem I'm having is that I can fade it out, test it and it works great, but after I close down and re-load I get a sound spike at the end of the track. In other words, The little ball that you can move up and down goes back up at the very end.

I've even added multiple balls (not sure what they are called) to slowly bring the volume down, but it's always the very last one that keeps jumping back up to full volume after I save, close and open the production.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ed

7 answers to this question

I never found a cure for this. I now have the deluxe which has the fade in/out like V7. What happens if you do the complete video and then the fade out last then render. Does it render with the fade out or do you still get the spike?

I still get the spike. It doesn't help that I have several different soundtracks.

It all works fine, until I save it, then the last envelope button jumps back up. Driving me nuts!

So this is not an issue with the deluxe version?

Thanks,

Ed

The deluxe version has the sound editor function much like V 7 where you can manually select the fade out length. I have not seen that change after saving and reopening.

I still get the spike. It doesn't help that I have several different soundtracks. It all works fine, until I save it, then the last envelope button jumps back up. Driving me nuts! So this is not an issue with the deluxe version?

Thanks,

Ed

The deluxe version has the sound editor function much like V 7 where you can manually select the fade out length. I have not seen that change after saving and reopening.

Do you know if there is some sort of rebate to upgrade from Roxio 8 to the deluxe version?

I looked around, but found nothing.

Thanks,

Ed

If you are trying to fade out audio at the end of the song, this may work.

1. From the timeline view in videowave, point to and single click on the song you want to fade out.

2. A speaker icon will appear at the top left of the Preview window.

3. Click on the speaker icon and a drop down will appear that will allow you to fade in/out, mute and adjust the volume of the song you selected in step 1.

4. Click the Fade Out box.

See if that works. Unfortunately, you cannot select the duration of the fade out using this method. I am not sure but I think it is about 1 second.

post-72-1144453155.jpg

I never found a cure for this. I now have the deluxe which has the fade in/out like V7. What happens if you do the complete video and then the fade out last then render. Does it render with the fade out or do you still get the spike?

Anyone?.....Anyone?.....Bueller?.... :)

If you are trying to fade out audio at the end of the song, this may work.

1. From the timeline view in videowave, point to and single click on the song you want to fade out.

2. A speaker icon will appear at the top left of the Preview window.

3. Click on the speaker icon and a drop down will appear that will allow you to fade in/out, mute and adjust the volume of the song you selected in step 1.

4. Click the Fade Out box.

See if that works. Unfortunately, you cannot select the duration of the fade out using this method. I am not sure but I think it is about 1 second.

Thanks, Merv.

Unfortunately, I need a long fadeout.

Thanks,

Ed

Archived