• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

drbsr1

Media Player 9 Engine Update?

Dave,

I've tried twice to send it to that email address.Both times your server is saying it's an illegal attachment.Got another address?If so,PM it to me.

Everyone,

I'm really grateful for all of your help.

I tried the link posted above, but it keeps running me in an endless loop between the download file selection page, the "Patch It" page, and the version selection page and never downloads anything.

Brendon - please let me know if the patch works for you. If it does, maybe you can E-mail it to me if it's not too large.

Thanks, everyone.

Dave

here's a direct link to the file that starts the download from that page..

http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/suppor..._71.exe?v=1.exe

Hi Terry and guys,

I've sent that file re-named to *.EX to Dave, so it should get through. A lot of those mail systems don't like "naked" executable files.

Lynn,

There are no popups and no word "promotion" associated with either of the links for that file. It is a utility, not an update.

Now we have to see if it solves Dave's problem with that AVG thing.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks Brendon,got a PM from Dave that it got thru,just waiting to see if it works also.

Thanks Brendon,got a PM from Dave that it got thru,just waiting to see if it works also.

Yep, the file that Terry and Brendon E-mailed to me did the job. After I ran it AVG installed with no more complaints. The Media Player burner still works, too.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this and I'm very happy that the problem has been solved.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

BTW, the AVG appears to be a very nice program and got some great reviews in last month's PC World.

Dave

Edited by drbsr1

Dave,

Glad it worked for you.The forum did exactly what it was supposed to,different people pitched in to help another solve their problem.I'm just glad to have been a part of it.Great job as usual everyone.

Terry