lutherk

Is It A Bug?

Question

I love the music mixing functionality of 10. Thank you Roxio for addressing the issue of "forced fading" in and out of music in mixes with crossfades by allowing users to check a box in Music Disc Creator under Tools/Options.

However, unchecking the box doesn't work. I can't get a clean snap seque no matter what I do. Since this is a feature I know you worked on, can you fix it to work?

7 answers to this question

I love the music mixing functionality of 10. Thank you Roxio for addressing the issue of "forced fading" in and out of music in mixes with crossfades by allowing users to check a box in Music Disc Creator under Tools/Options.

However, unchecking the box doesn't work. I can't get a clean snap seque no matter what I do. Since this is a feature I know you worked on, can you fix it to work?

This is a users forum, so you aren't talking to Roxio. You can click on the Support icon, in the upper right portion of your screen.

There are lots of folks who do a lot of work with Music Disc Creator, and one of them should be able to help you, when they stop in.

I think my post is appropriate in this section. It's about an issue that several users have written in about in several areas, so I suspect it is not an issue of individual support. And yes, we all hope Roxio staff are monitoring these conversations and following up on our valuable feedback. I've seen posts from Roxio staff which support this. If you have something to contribute to the subject of volume leveling, I'd be delighted to hear it. Thank you.

I think my post is appropriate in this section. It's about an issue that several users have written in about in several areas, so I suspect it is not an issue of individual support. And yes, we all hope Roxio staff are monitoring these conversations and following up on our valuable feedback. I've seen posts from Roxio staff which support this. If you have something to contribute to the subject of volume leveling, I'd be delighted to hear it. Thank you.

I didn't say it wasn't an appropriate place to post. If you want to wait to see if a Roxio person drops in and mentions something, that's up to you.

lutherk,

This issue dates back to EMC 8 when the revamped version of this feature was introduced. You're not the first to make note of the bug and I'm quite surprised Roxio hasn't yet addressed it. Clean segs are definitely doable in EMC 7.0 and 7.5 however there a few caveats. 1) The crossfade resolution is limited to "whole" seconds in 1 second intervals. For example, you can't set a crossfade duration of 1.5 seconds. It would have to be either 1 second or 2 seconds. Even so, the results are usually good despite this lack of precision. 2) My experience has been that EMC 7.5 does not perform well in Vista even though it's been certified by Microsoft. I must have installed and re-installed v7.5 on my Vista laptop half a dozen times. At best it would work intermittently. That said, it runs very well on my XP,SP2 desktop. Hope that helps :-)

ROXIO... if you're listening, P L E A S E fix the crossfade feature!

Edited by MisterTee

lutherk,

This issue dates back to EMC 8 when the revamped version of this feature was introduced. You're not the first to make note of the bug and I'm quite surprised Roxio hasn't yet addressed it. Clean segs are definitely doable in EMC 7.0 and 7.5 however there a few caveats. 1) The crossfade resolution is limited to "whole" seconds in 1 second intervals. For example, you can't set a crossfade duration of 1.5 seconds. It would have to be either 1 second or 2 seconds. Even so, the results are usually good despite this lack of precision. 2) My experience has been that EMC 7 series does not perform well in Vista even though it's been certified by Microsoft. I must have installed and re-installed v7.5 on my Vista laptop half a dozen times. At best it would work intermittently. That said, it runs very well on my XP,SP2 desktop. Hope that helps :-)

ROXIO... if you're listening, P L E A S E fix the crossfade feature!

Could you provide us with some info/web site were it say's that EMC 7 is Vistal certified?

"aother fellow user"

Could you provide us with some info/web site were it say's that EMC 7 is Vistal certified?

"aother fellow user"

Re EMC 7.5, apologies for my incorrect use of "certified". Actually "compatible" would have been the correct word. My comment was in reference to Microsoft "Article ID: 935280" (Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update) wherein EMC 7.5 was stated to be Vista Compatible (via installation the aforementioned Microsoft compatibility patch).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935280

Re EMC 7.5, apologies for my incorrect use of "certified". Actually "compatible" would have been the correct word. My comment was in reference to Microsoft "Article ID: 935280" (Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update) wherein EMC 7.5 was stated to be Vista Compatible (via installation the aforementioned Microsoft compatibility patch).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935280

Microsoft can say all they want about EMC 7.5 being Vista compatible, but it isn't. Some parts of it may work, some of the time, but DVD Builder doesn't work at all in Vista.