Mydvd8 Menus

dalebare39

Question

I have captured a video of a wedding and loaded it into MyDVD. In the main menu I copied the main thumbnail to make a second thumbnail to select scenes (suggestion learned reading this discussion group). In preview I can play the movie from the main thumbnail, or I can click the second thumbnail and select any scene and play from there. I can toggle through to subsequent scenes. But if I try to return to the main menu to select another scene the preview screen locks up and doesn't respond to any button. The only thing I can do then is close the preview window. I am going to be making multiple DVD copies for wedding principals, and I would like them to be able to look at a menu and select the scene they wish, without having to blindly toggle forward and backward looking for it.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks, Dale Bare

5 answers to this question

Scenes are NOT on the Main Menu. Those are TITLES. The preview freezing could be a computer problem and have nothing to do with DVD structure. Burn to a video folder and then play the files back using a software DVD player to see if it navigates the way you want.

Thanks for answering. I may not have been clear, and I'm not sure about the terminology. On the main menu I have the button that MyDVD made, and I made another one using the procedure you had suggested to others in the discussion group. On that second button I did edit chapters (what I called scenes), and when I click on that button in preview I get another menu with the chapters (scenes), and I can click on any scene and play from there. But at any point after I start playing if I try to return to the menu the preview screen freezes up. The same thing happens if I start playing by clicking the original button on the main menu. Since I posted yesterday I found that if I click on the stop button, then hit play again, that also freezes it up. All the other preview buttons operate as expected.

I'll try burning to file and playing it with another DVD player software (would Intervideo WinDVD do it?).

What kind of problem in my computer would cause this?

Thanks, Dale

Most of these types of problems are caused by video card drivers or DirectX. What type of video card do you have? Since you have the menus and submenu like you want, it will probably render fine.

When you click burn, uncheck the first two and only burn to a video folder. You can then play those files using CinePlayer or any other DVD player software.

Most of these types of problems are caused by video card drivers or DirectX. What type of video card do you have? Since you have the menus and submenu like you want, it will probably render fine.

When you click burn, uncheck the first two and only burn to a video folder. You can then play those files using CinePlayer or any other DVD player software.

I did what you said, and it worked fine. Thank you, Mr. Russell. I don't know what we would do without you. Dale Bare

But if I try to return to the main menu to select another scene the preview screen locks up and doesn't respond to any button.

Scenes are NOT on the Main Menu. Those are TITLES. The preview freezing could be a computer problem and have nothing to do with DVD structure. Burn to a video folder and then play the files back using a software DVD player to see if it navigates the way you want.

Archived