• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cd Spin Doctor Won't Import Audio Files.

averysmallcreature

Question

I've exported AIFs out of Cubase SX 2, 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo Interleaved.

When I open up CD Spin Doctor and select "Open Previous Audio File" and select the AIF, my Mac gives me a warning beep, then takes me back to the New Project Dialogue window.

The AIFs are set to open up with CD Spin Doctor. I've tried double-clicking on them, but I get the same warning beep and I get taken back to the New Project Dialogue window.

The AIF I initially tried to open was 262 MB. I thought maybe that was too large so I exported a smaller clip (37 MB) out of Cubase. Still, the same thing. . .no luck.

Also tried using CD Spin Doctor with Toast 7 open as well. Still doesn't work.

I've tried exporting WAVs out of Cubase, but the work-around (with setting the WAV file to open with CD Spin Doctor) doesn't work either.

The only thing it'll let me do is to create a New Recording.

In a bind... any help? or similar experiences?

Mac G5 Dual 2gHz

OS 10.3.9

1 GB RAM

Toast 7.0.2

CD Spin Doctor 3.0.2t

3 answers to this question

There was a recent thread dealing with similar issues regarding files modified by Sound Soap. The problem was worsened when attempting to open the AIFF file in Spin Doctor actually made the original file unusable in any application. One thing you can try is to drag the AIFF file to Toast's Audio window, select it and click export to save it as a new AIFF file. This seems to fix whatever is causing Spin Doctor to fail to recognize the AIFF file. Let me know what you learn from this experiment.

That did it! I had to trash all my old .aifs that got corrupted by SpinDoctor, create new ones, and export them out of Toast 7.

Sheesh, kind of a pain.

But at least now I don't have to go through the traumatic experience trying to return software.

Thanks, yo!

P.S. I had to trash the old .aif files because not even Toast was recognizing them as valid after CD Spin Doctor got to them first.

There was a recent thread dealing with similar issues regarding files modified by Sound Soap. The problem was worsened when attempting to open the AIFF file in Spin Doctor actually made the original file unusable in any application. One thing you can try is to drag the AIFF file to Toast's Audio window, select it and click export to save it as a new AIFF file. This seems to fix whatever is causing Spin Doctor to fail to recognize the AIFF file. Let me know what you learn from this experiment.

Archived