• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Maximum Duration On A Dual Layer Disc?

gerald_weigel

Question

Ok, I recorded a show from television, and without commercials it is 2 hours 4 minutes and 33 seconds long. Now I am trying to burn this in DVD builder as a dual layer project, I go and select the 8.5GB disc, no problems, my project is only 7.2GB. However, when I click "Burn" I get an error that I have exceeded the maximum duration of 120 minutes per title! what kind of happy crap is that! I've got the file at "medium" settings which I think is 7kbps. How can I get around this, why is it even happening?! Do I need to split movies into 2 titles?

1 answer to this question

Ok, I recorded a show from television, and without commercials it is 2 hours 4 minutes and 33 seconds long. Now I am trying to burn this in DVD builder as a dual layer project, I go and select the 8.5GB disc, no problems, my project is only 7.2GB. However, when I click "Burn" I get an error that I have exceeded the maximum duration of 120 minutes per title! what kind of happy crap is that! I've got the file at "medium" settings which I think is 7kbps. How can I get around this, why is it even happening?! Do I need to split movies into 2 titles?

Happy crap???? Break it into 2 projects, then add them as separate titles, burn to an ISO file, then burn to a DVD, using Disc Copier.

We are users just like you. Clean up the language a bit, if you want help. If you have beef with the software, contact Roxio directly.

Archived