sknis

How Are You Going To Spend Your Economic Stimulator Check ?

Many people in the US will be getting a check from the US government in less than a month to try to stimulate the US economy. The checks can be as large as $1200 for married people; half that for single people. Less for some.

I have a lot of options where I can spend my check -- no, I'm not going to save it or pay bills -- I'm going to use it as intended by my government..

I just bought a new digital camera so I'm looking for something else. My camcorder is analog and more than 8 years old. It still works well but....

How are you going to spend yours? People outside the US are welcome to post just think of it a winning that US amount as a certificate that you must spend.

I was told the only way to spend your money today and keep it in America was a garage sale, think about it! ;)

cd

Sounds like it's time to buy a nice digital camcorder. LOL I'll just deposit the money in the bank. Other than needing some new underwear, there really isn't anything specific. :)

Same here - a new digital camcorder is in order. My almost 10-year old analog camcorder is already screaming for a replacement. :D

I'll use part for a new monitor and probably use the rest to buy gas in bulk before it reaches $4 a gallon.

Not really sure if I will even get a check in the mail. I heard somewhere that depending on how much you owe or are getting back as a refund, will depend on if you will even get the rebate check. I didn't catch it all but it will just be my luck to not get a cent !!!

Frank...

Not really sure if I will even get a check in the mail. I heard somewhere that depending on how much you owe or are getting back as a refund, will depend on if you will even get the rebate check. I didn't catch it all but it will just be my luck to not get a cent !!!

Frank...

I'm getting a refund from my taxes this year (thanks to business expense depreciation) and my CPA said that if you file a return and aren't in arrears, you'll get a stimulus refund.

I'm not sure how much this will help the economy but I don't guess it will hurt either and if I'm on the getting end, I have a tendency to just say 'thank you'. This is about the only time I wish I had more than 1 child. :lol:

I'll use part for a new monitor and probably use the rest to buy gas in bulk before it reaches $4 a gallon.

Can any of you guys can spare a dollar or two for your poor impoverished cousins across the "Pond" as our "gas" is just under $10 a gallon.

Can't see our government giving us anything like you lot are getting as they are currently bleeding us dry with taxation.

WOW !!! $10/gal---That's rediculous !! But if our gas here keeps going up as fast as it has in the past couple of months, we might just catch you :lol: Gas in my town here in Southgern California is a tad over $4/gal now :ninja:

Frank...

Can any of you guys can spare a dollar or two for your poor impoverished cousins across the "Pond" as our "gas" is just under $10 a gallon.

Can't see our government giving us anything like you lot are getting as they are currently bleeding us dry with taxation.

How much of that is taxes? In my state we pump and refine gas and we pay more than many states that don't even have gas refineries. It's all taxes.

I jumped the gun and already did my part to stimulate the economy. Put together a shiny new (mostly) box two weeks ago. So my windfall is already spent. ;)

How much of that is taxes? In my state we pump and refine gas and we pay more than many states that don't even have gas refineries. It's all taxes.

Nearly 70% of the price is tax.

Green/carbon taxes are another rip off. We're all being conned and we don't question it.

Welcome to Sheepville all you Sheeple.

Nearly 70% of the price is tax.

Green/carbon taxes are another rip off. We're all being conned and we don't question it.

Welcome to Sheepville all you Sheeple.

Even when you know you're being conned, what can you really do about it? There's the activist way but that just isn't me. I truly am much closer to the sheep. :(

I just had my car converted to LPG and got a $2000.00 rebate from the Aust. government.

The price of LPG is 69 cents per litre(AUS $2.60/US Gal compared to $1.50 per litre for petrol. (AUS $5.67/US Gal)

I also get around $1200.00 each year for the kids after I've filed my tax return.

First home buyers get about $7500.00 from the government when they buy their first house.

We also have a baby bonus of $3000.00 every time you have a baby.

This will give you an idea of just how much each state is paying for state and federal gas taxes.

http://www.californiagasprices.com/tax_info.aspx

Frank...

Same here - a new digital camcorder is in order. My almost 10-year old analog camcorder is already screaming for a replacement. :D

Hmm... our camcorder hits 20 years old this year, full-sized VHS shoulder breaker. Yeah... something smaller and digital would be nice... but then, so would about 4 truckloads (~80 tons) of gravel in our driveway. Hmm... what to buy... what to buy...

but then, so would about 4 truckloads (~80 tons) of gravel in our driveway. Hmm...

How much would that set one back in Owego, NY, Dave?

cd

How much would that set one back in Owego, NY, Dave?

cd

Well, a few years back it was about $200 a load, delivered. The gravel itself was only about $5 or $6 a ton, so not quite half the price was in delivery. I've gotta believe it's more like $300 a load now, or maybe even more.

With diesel fuel at $4.36 a gallon here and the mileage those big trucks get. I hope you live close to the rock quarry! :)

cd

With diesel fuel at $4.36 a gallon here and the mileage those big trucks get. I hope you live close to the rock quarry! :)

cd

It's about 9 miles or so, not too bad.

Before anyone starts about bio-fuels, we should remember the massive protests in Italy over the spiralling cost of pasta.

The reason? Simple - that many farms were growing rapeseed for bio-fuels that the supply of durum wheat just started to dry up

Oh and btw BDS, the US gallon is smaller than the one here - the present price is round £1.10 a litre (US quart) and expected to hit £1.50 by the summer. Fir the benefit of the rest of you - that's roughly $3.00 a QUART

Before anyone starts about bio-fuels, we should remember the massive protests in Italy over the spiralling cost of pasta.

The reason? Simple - that many farms were growing rapeseed for bio-fuels that the supply of durum wheat just started to dry up.

Same thing over on this side of the pond. Since the push and subsidies for ethanol, which they're making from corn (a poor choice), the price of corn had gone way up, making it so profitable that more land is going into corn, and less into wheat. The price of wheat for bread (and everything) has gone way up here too. Sure seems like someone could've seen that coming. Of course, that may pull some farmers back into wheat... driving the price of corn up more... Yep, looks like a never ending spiral upwards.

Yippee...I got mine today,all $600 of it.

Guess it's time to get the power window on my car fixed.Nice way to spend the cash huh? :blink: