George1960

Invisible Overlay

Question

I'm trying to insert my own video file on a color panel so I can get multiple side-by-side images on the same panel. So..I click on the color panel, Add Video, select my video, and choose to insert as overlay. It shows up on the overlay track and the red bounding box is on the color panel, but there's no image within the bounding box.

If I select one of the EMC overlays, it successfully goes into and shows up on the selected color panel. My problem is only when adding my own video as an overlay.

My transperency setting on the everlay is 0.

When I first used the software I successfully did picture in a picture with this technique, then it went south. Wondering if I inadvertantly changed a setting.

Suggestions?

Thanks

George

5 answers to this question

Guest RCD74
I'm trying to insert my own video file on a color panel so I can get multiple side-by-side images on the same panel. So..I click on the color panel, Add Video, select my video, and choose to insert as overlay. It shows up on the overlay track and the red bounding box is on the color panel, but there's no image within the bounding box.

If I select one of the EMC overlays, it successfully goes into and shows up on the selected color panel. My problem is only when adding my own video as an overlay.

My transperency setting on the everlay is 0.

When I first used the software I successfully did picture in a picture with this technique, then it went south. Wondering if I inadvertantly changed a setting.

Suggestions?

Thanks

George

Try this. Add a color panel and increase the time of it to fit your video. Then go to timeline view, internal track and add as many overlay tracks as you need by clicking on Show/Hide Tracks and adding them. Then using media selector, navigate to where your video file is located and drag it onto the first overlay track. You should then have the red box around the file on the preview screen so you can shrink it or move it around. Do the same with the other video file to make them appear side by side. Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Rachel

Thanks for the advice, but it didn't help. It results in the same problem I had before. The video I want to use as an overlay is visible on the overlay track and can be edited. The red bounding box appears on the color panel. But the bounding box is empty.

The overlay is not visible anywhere on my production, although the bounding box is. In other software this would seem like a "Bring to front" or "Send to back" thing, but I don't see that as an option on EMC.

Any other ideas??

G

What video card do you have? Could be a video card driver issue. Click on TOOLS / OPTIONS and if the 'dot' is beside hardware, change it to software. That may or may not help. Make sure your drivers are up to date.

Edited by ggrussell

What video card do you have? Could be a video card driver issue. Click on TOOLS / OPTIONS and if the 'dot' is beside hardware, change it to software. That may or may not help. Make sure your drivers are up to date.

Great! That did it. Although I updated my video card driver I'm still getting a message from EMC that my card may need to be updated.

However, things are working and it looks like I'll be able to get the rough edit done on the project by my deadline.

Thanks for the help.

George

Great! That did it. Although I updated my video card driver I'm still getting a message from EMC that my card may need to be updated.

However, things are working and it looks like I'll be able to get the rough edit done on the project by my deadline.

Thanks for the help.

George

What video card do you have? If you get that message it usually means that your card is not able to handle all the video fuctions especailly the 3D related effects and transitions.