Apple?

Alan 007

Question

This my first entry into this forum....forgive me if I am out of sync with you. I installed emc10 "clean" on a new vista partition of an apple computer. It seemed to work for a while and then stopped booting. I downloaded an update and it worked again for a while and now it's dead. It is probably an incompatibility with Vista, but I don't have the time or expertise to chase this problem forever. It seems that the problem is just that Roxio just can't make software that works.....I have had many issues with prior software editions on other computers. Is the solution to shred the #$^@ disk??

3 answers to this question

This my first entry into this forum....forgive me if I am out of sync with you. I installed emc10 "clean" on a new vista partition of an apple computer. It seemed to work for a while and then stopped booting. I downloaded an update and it worked again for a while and now it's dead. It is probably an incompatibility with Vista, but I don't have the time or expertise to chase this problem forever. It seems that the problem is just that Roxio just can't make software that works.....I have had many issues with prior software editions on other computers. Is the solution to shred the #$^@ disk??

I would venture to guess that no one, in the PC forums, has this installed on an Apple computer. Perhaps, someone will drop by to help. Good luck.

You are throwing out terms that don't make sense???

"stopped booting"… Operating Systems 'Boot', programs Run. Are you saying Vista no longer Boots? Or do you mean your MAC no longer boots?

"now it's dead"… Must be MAC slang, please elaborate?

If I am reading between the lines correctly a Registry Cleaner can cause those symptoms. Are you using one?

I have used EMC 10 fine on an XP partition using bootcamp on my MacBook Pro. You must be running windows natively on its own though, not through a virtualization application like Parallels. As long as windows is booting on its own, it is no different then running windows on any other system and thats why EMC will work fine.

Based on your symptoms I would guess that you are running some type of registry cleaner that is removing some keys that EMC 10 needs to work properly. If there is a way to have that cleaner ignore the roxio registry entries, that would be the best solution short of not using the registry cleaner at all.

Note: To get back to a working status, you'll probably need to do a clean install. Then going forward, make sure the registry cleaner does not break EMC again.

Archived