Convert Cda To Wav

Whiskey14

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi Brendon,

I must be missing something, on the Home page, clicked Audio CD on the right side of the screen, clicked Add Music, get the "Look In", went to D Drive, highlighted what I wanted, clicked Add. On the top it says "Create Audio CD For Car or Home CD Player". Nowhere did I see Input Settings. Am starting to think you can't teach an old dog a new trick. I used to use Roxio 6, now am using version 9 and cannot do simple things.

If you could explain in simple terms, I sure would appreciate it, if not, I understand. Thanks for trying to help an old lady!

Later,

Whiskey14

Whiskey14,

'CDA' is actually CD-Audio tracks, such as you find on an Audio CD. There is no such thing as a CDA file, although software will often show CD-Audio tracks on a disc with icons as if they're files, just to help you manipulate them.

Try this to convert CDA tracks from a CD to WMV files:

-Run Roxio's Music Disc Creator - not the dumbed-down RecordNow Audio program that you get when you click 'Audio CD' in the Home menu

-under Project Type, select Audio CD and under Add to Project select Import from CD/DVD

-a Media Selector box will appear after a few seconds, and if you select the drive with your CD inserted you'll see a list of tracknames.

-select [highlight] the tracks you want, and click Add. The Import box will open.

-Input Settings should already show WAV [Recommended] in the drop-down box. If not then select it yourself.

-Save To should now be set to where you want your WAVs to end up. Click Save.

-the tracks you've selected will now be saved to WAV files on your hard drive. Click Close in Media Selector, and exit Music Disc Creator.

-You can say yes when asked to delete the temporary files, but don't check the little "also delete recorded and imported files" box, because they are your WAVs.

See also Importing tracks from discs in the Music Disc Creator Help system.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendon,

I must be missing something, on the Home page, clicked Audio CD on the right side of the screen, clicked Add Music, get the "Look In", went to D Drive, highlighted what I wanted, clicked Add. On the top it says "Create Audio CD For Car or Home CD Player". Nowhere did I see Input Settings. Am starting to think you can't teach an old dog a new trick. I used to use Roxio 6, now am using version 9 and cannot do simple things.

If you could explain in simple terms, I sure would appreciate it, if not, I understand. Thanks for trying to help an old lady!

Later,

Whiskey14

I think that you need to read Terry and Dave's posts. You don't have a music file on your computer, if you copied a CDA file, from an audio CD, to your hard drive. You have a pointer, that now points to nothing.

Whiskey: Go back and read Brendon's post. You have to have the music CD with the cda tracks in your cd drive. You cannot just copy these tracks to your HD and do it from there. Then there is also the possibility that the program will recognize the music as propritory and will not let you copy or change.

Frank...

Please go back over my post and try again. Here's the bit you missed :)

-Run Roxio's Music Disc Creator - not the dumbed-down RecordNow Audio program that you get when you click 'Audio CD' in the Home menu

Music Disc Creator will be under Audio in the list on the left.

Now this will have you making WAV files from the audio tracks on a music CD. It doesn't explain the CDA icons you have on your hard drive already, but like Terry [tbrewst] says, I think you'll find they are only small icons and not audio files.

If it's any help, I'd expect a WAV file to be round about 10 MB in size for every minute of soundtrack.

Please don't feel bad that things are confusing. This is all new to you, and it probably doesn't help when you have six gurus all clustering on your topic with some of them chatting to each other.

Just take it quietly, work through what you can, and then come back and ask more questions or give more info. This subject was just as bewildering to me when I started, so keep asking questions until you're happy that you've got the hang of it.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

There must be an easy way to do this but I can't figure it out. Would like to convert CDA to WAV format. Can/would anyone please explain to me how to do this using Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 9?

TIA,

Whiskey14

Read the help files on how to rip audio tracks from a CD.

Whiskey14,

'CDA' is actually CD-Audio tracks, such as you find on an Audio CD. There is no such thing as a CDA file, although software will often show CD-Audio tracks on a disc with icons as if they're files, just to help you manipulate them.

Try this to convert CDA tracks from a CD to WMV files:

-under Project Type, select Audio CD and under Add to Project select Import from CD/DVD

-a Media Selector box will appear after a few seconds, and if you select the drive with your CD inserted you'll see a list of tracknames.

-select [highlight] the tracks you want, and click Add. The Import box will open.

-Input Settings should already show WAV [Recommended] in the drop-down box. If not then select it yourself.

-Save To should now be set to where you want your WAVs to end up. Click Save.

-the tracks you've selected will now be saved to WAV files on your hard drive. Click Close in Media Selector, and exit Music Disc Creator.

-You can say yes when asked to delete the temporary files, but don't check the little "also delete recorded and imported files" box, because they are your WAVs.

See also Importing tracks from discs in the Music Disc Creator Help system.

Regards,

Brendon

If they are on the PC then I'd be willing to bet they are 1Kb files and nothing is going to convert them to wav.You only ever see .cda when you look at an Audio cd like Brendon said and they are just pointers to the actual PCM code on the disc,there is no actual music in them.

I know you know this Dave and I wasn't directing this at you.It was for the OP

If they are on the PC then I'd be willing to bet they are 1Kb files and nothing is going to convert them to wav.You only ever see .cda when you look at an Audio cd like Brendon said and they are just pointers to the actual PCM code on the disc,there is no actual music in them.

I know you know this Dave and I wasn't directing this at you.It was for the OP

:lol: You know me well. And that was the point of my questions, to find out if that is what had happened.

Archived