• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cdfs

nvslater

Question

3 answers to this question

I presume you mean "file system" and not "extension", as shown in the properties of the disc? I think the simple answer is that you can't, since UDF is the file system used for DVDs, and CDFS is the file system used for session written CDs (as opposed to packet written discs, which then use the UDF file system).

Why do you ask?

Not really correct…

Any DVD can be set to CDFS when burned in Classic under, File – Project Settings by setting it to Joliet or ISO9660. It also makes no difference if it is Read Only or Sessions.

Likewise any CD can be burned to UDF regardless if it is Authored, for sessions or for packet writing…

These are file systems and have nothing to do with the media.

However, since ISO9660 and Joliet were written for Win 3x and Win 9x they have so many file folder and size restrictions that it would be silly to use anything but UDF these days for all optical media.

When I burn dvd it is saved with udf extension. How can I get it to save with cdfs extension?

I presume you mean "file system" and not "extension", as shown in the properties of the disc? I think the simple answer is that you can't, since UDF is the file system used for DVDs, and CDFS is the file system used for session written CDs (as opposed to packet written discs, which then use the UDF file system).

Why do you ask?

Archived