• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Burned On A Pc, Crashes Mac

caseycami

Question

When I burn a Dvd on my Dell Pc (XP) with Roxio Creator 9, it crashes my clients Mac machine when she trys to copy to desktop. I don't have this problem with anyone else, Mac or Pc. I would have to find out all the specs of her machine, but I do know its brand new.

6 answers to this question

Sorry, 1st time posting...........

TDK Dvd-R 16x

These were photos that I burned, they were PSD files, pretty much filled whole disc

one error message she got was: 'The Finder cannot complete the operations because some data in (filename) could not be read or written. (Error code -36)'

I will not be able to get specs on her computer till tomorrow............

anything else??

Normally I'd suggest you close the CD first - but, as you say, you've done this before with no problem.

What I'm wondering now is if your client has Photoshop or Photoshop Elements installed on the Mac - if neither are there, then it will throw up an error as it needs the Adobe software to actually read the files

Is Roxio Creator version 9 compatable with the lastest OS of Mac? (for playback)

This is a duplicate thread...

But, I'm sure the file system for DVDs hasn't changed between versions of Mac OS. (Think about it, if it had, than 1) it should be backward compatible or 2) if it weren't the new OS wouldn't be able to read old discs.)

As I stated in the other thread, it sounds like a bad disc. Has this happened with multiple discs to this one client?

Archived