How Do I Get A Mydvd Menu Style To Show Up On A Second Computer?

Loneriver

Question

I have EMC10 installed on two computers. I first installed it on my desktop and have made about 20 home movies (transferring from tape). I created a custom menu style called "Cuctom Peanuts Music".

I just purchased a new laptop and installed EMC10 on that computer as well. I obviously don't see my custom menu in this new installation. How can I get my custom menu over to my laptop so I can make movie on that computer? I can't find any specific menu file called "Custom Peanuts Music" in Windows Explorer so I'm guessing either it is named something else or it is embedded in some other file.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I have EMC10 installed on two computers. I first installed it on my desktop and have made about 20 home movies (transferring from tape). I created a custom menu style called "Cuctom Peanuts Music".

I just purchased a new laptop and installed EMC10 on that computer as well. I obviously don't see my custom menu in this new installation. How can I get my custom menu over to my laptop so I can make movie on that computer? I can't find any specific menu file called "Custom Peanuts Music" in Windows Explorer so I'm guessing either it is named something else or it is embedded in some other file.

Thanks.

Ignoring the fact that one license per computer .....

Look in C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite\VideoUI 10\Content\Video. I just use the standard menus so I'm not sure if a custom menu would be stored in the same location.

You may have made the custom menu from one of the existing menus so look for a duplicate of that menu. It is also possible that there is a file that modifies that original menu so it may be a chore finding that modification.

It would be simpler to just recreate the menu on the new computer from scratch -- you may want to make a small change to that anyway.

Ignoring the fact that one license per computer .....

I never said I had only one license.

Anyway, I'll look at the file structure soon but maybe you are right and I should just re-create it on the other computer. Could have already done that by now. Thanks for the input.

Archived