• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Writing Errors

nvslater

Question

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still no clear cause for this strange behavior that's showing itself yet. I'll get the little things out of the way first.

-if your Autorun has been turned off, setup.exe is the file on the installer CD to run manually. To turn that back on, go to My Computer and right-click the DVD drive, select Properties and adjust the settings in Autoplay. [You are running in XP ??]

-you say you've followed the uninstall procedure, but still found "remnants". Was that the full, clean uninstall as shown in that link? What sort of remnants did you find after that?

-you mentioned you have installed EMC9 on other hard drives. Were they in different systems, and did they all show these 'no test, eject the disc, no verify' symptoms after installation?

OR were they all connected to the same system that you're still having trouble with?

-can you think of anything - installs, uninstalls, updates - which happened around the time but before the software went bad?

Regards,

Brendon

Verify selection is located under File – Project Properties and has absolutely nothing to do with Test & Burn or Write Only under the Burn options.

Test merely puts the Burner through the writing process without turning on the Write Laser. It only 'tests' the ability of your system to keep up with the data stream and nothing else.

Verify on the other hand has never been fully defined! It does much, much less than one would expect!

Are you saying that I don't need verify or test? And if that is true, what about validate and dont forget that creator will not wright if test then wright is selected.

I dont see project properties under file, in creator 9

There is something wrong with "the file". Get another copy of it.

I will go backwards in the burn process. The last thing I see is "The disk cannot be mounted to verify the files that were burned." However the file was burned. I had opened the psd file and saved it to desktop as jpeg, before I started.

Next from the begging this time; I tried 5 jpeg files, when I add a file, a screen flashes (Cant tell what it says) and the file is added. This time I selected Test and Wright; the test completes, but the program stops and I get the "error trying to open file."

Next I tried to wright only as far as I can tell the program did not validate, but it did wright, but it did not mount. It did burn the files.

Next tried to burn the same files (psd) that I could not burn before; when I click Add, nothing happens, I drag and drop the files to the Project Window. Burn with wright only; it does not validate; it wrights; it closes session; will not mount; completes and ejects disk; the files are burned.

Are you saying that I don't need verify or test? And if that is true, what about validate and dont forget that creator will not wright if test then wright is selected.

If you don't have project properties then you may not have the full Retail EMC 9 version, but a OEM version.

You never did say what version you have.

If the program came with your computer or burner then you have a cut down OEM version.

If you don't have project properties then you may not have the full Retail EMC 9 version, but a OEM version.

You never did say what version you have.

If the program came with your computer or burner then you have a cut down OEM version.

Or, you are confusing the Creator Classic application with the EMC 9 Home Data Disc application.

Burn dvd of pictures (.psd)

Data>Creator Classic

Where do I make sure I am notified by email , when there is a new post?

Three things.

Use the My Controls link at the top of the page to get to your settings area, then click on the Email Settings link on the left under Options and make sure they are set to send you notices.

When you reply to a post, there should be an option box to be notified by email of replies.

Make sure your email provider is not blocking them via a spam filter.

roxio easy media creator 9 suite (Build 910B68R ENU )

cd key # xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

TSID # xxxxxxxxxxx

P/N xxxxxxxxx REV C

Do not post serial numbers and keys on this forum please. These are public boards open to anyone and hackers and pirates love to get their hands on them. And besides, other than knowing what the Build number is for the product you are using, the other information is not helpful to us here anyway, since this is just a user forum and we are just fellow users trying to help you.

It would also help if you provided the information being asked.

Did you "buy" the software somewhere, like from Roxio, a store, or an internet site, or was it included with a burner or pc system you purchased?

Are you opening the Creator Classic application or using the Data Disc option in the EMC 9 Home screen?

It may be under File/Project Settings not properties

What do you mean by "creator will not wright if test then wright is selected"?. "Test then write" is one of 3 burn options available

Validating a project allows you to verify that the source contents have not been moved, deleted, renamed, or modified since you added them to the project. If an item cannot be found, you are prompted to delete the item from the project before recording the project to disc.

ps. the correct spelling of "write" is "write" not wright :rolleyes:

I verify my dvd burn by running a slide show in photoshop cs2-I make sure I am looking at the disc I just burned. Is there any problems with this?

The reason for this is is when I try to Test then Wright, I get the Error: There was an error trying to open the file.

Next I try to burn with only wright selected and I get the Error; Disc Mount Failure: This Disc Cannot be mounted to verify the filesthat were burned.

How can I fix these errors?

I forgot what I was suppose to find under file/properties.

Anyway under file>project settings is Validate = checked

Verify = checked

If Test then Write is selected creator gives the error "There was an error trying to open the file". And wont Burn

I forgot what I was suppose to find under file/properties.

Anyway under file>project settings is Validate = checked

Verify = checked

If Test then Write is selected creator gives the error "There was an error trying to open the file". And wont Burn

Creator Classic is telling you that it doesn't like the file you are trying to burn.

I never use the verify option since I find it totally unreliable.

There's still no clear cause for this strange behavior that's showing itself yet. I'll get the little things out of the way first.

-if your Autorun has been turned off, setup.exe is the file on the installer CD to run manually. To turn that back on, go to My Computer and right-click the DVD drive, select Properties and adjust the settings in Autoplay. [You are running in XP ??]

-you say you've followed the uninstall procedure, but still found "remnants". Was that the full, clean uninstall as shown in that link? What sort of remnants did you find after that?

-you mentioned you have installed EMC9 on other hard drives. Were they in different systems, and did they all show these 'no test, eject the disc, no verify' symptoms after installation?

OR were they all connected to the same system that you're still having trouble with?

-can you think of anything - installs, uninstalls, updates - which happened around the time but before the software went bad?

Regards,

Brendon

I have 3 computers on a network, but each can be disconnected from the network. I have tried on and off network. One computer has a new drive, I installed creator to that drive. Always the same behavior.

Did you install the software on three separate systems, and if so did they all show these 'no test, eject the disc, no verify' symptoms after installation?

What I'm getting at, is if you're always booting on the same C: and installing the software to different internal or network drives, then where the software is stored means little if it's always run in the same system or software environment and we'd expect it to always behave the same. It's likely down to some software quirk on that system.

However if you have installed it on three different systems in your LAN and it misbehaved identically in each of the three systems, then I would be suspecting that it's caused by something - perhaps Operating System updates or AV or some program - that you're running on all three systems.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi,

You're not giving me much information. Can we start from the beginning, please? Please answer these questions.

1. Is your burner reading discs okay?
  2. What program in the EMC 9 suite are you trying to burn a disc with?
  3. What sort of a disc are you trying to burn? (CD, DVD, write-once, rewriteable?)
  4. Did you format the disc first?
  5. What type of output disc are you trying to make? (data disc, video DVD, audio?)
  6. Please describe the steps you take to do this, starting from the beginning of the attempt to burn.
  7. How large (in bytes) is the file you try to burn?
  8. Have you ever done this successfully before?

Did you install the software on three separate systems, and if so did they all show these 'no test, eject the disc, no verify' symptoms after installation?

What I'm getting at, is if you're always booting on the same C: and installing the software to different internal or network drives, then where the software is stored means little if it's always run in the same system or software environment and we'd expect it to always behave the same. It's likely down to some software quirk on that system.

However if you have installed it on three different systems in your LAN and it misbehaved identically in each of the three systems, then I would be suspecting that it's caused by something - perhaps Operating System updates or AV or some program - that you're running on all three systems.

Regards,

Brendon

The three machines are on the same network, but can be run seperately(A-B switches). Dont know what AV is. I can check the new drive for likeness

Archived