Program Stops Responding

klfbb

Question

After sucessfully making 5 copies of a DVD I am no longer able to use the program. When I try to make the 6th copy it will take me as far as copying it, but when it gets to the point of burning it, the program will stop responding. I have restarted the computer...completely removed the software and reinstalled it....I contacted support and did what they said ( went to "run", entered "temp" and then "%temp%" and deleted those files) and nothing helps.

I tried doing a different function ( erasing disc) and the program stops responding on that too.

Getting really frustrated lol

Any help will be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

Question: After sucsessfully burning 5 DVD's, do you mean that now the program does not work at all ?? or have you tried burning 5 and then starting over and burning another 5 ?? In other words, are you suggesting that the program will only burn 5 and not 6 or more ?? And can you explain about the "different function (erasing disc)" a bit more.

Frank...

Question: After sucsessfully burning 5 DVD's, do you mean that now the program does not work at all ?? or have you tried burning 5 and then starting over and burning another 5 ?? In other words, are you suggesting that the program will only burn 5 and not 6 or more ?? And can you explain about the "different function (erasing disc)" a bit more.

Frank...

Sorry I wasn't clear. I've been accused of that before. LOL

What I meant....

I am copying a DVD ( no copyright issues). I went through the process and made the first copy. After that was complete I would choose the option "Do you want to make another copy of this" and did that sucessfully until I tried to make the 6th copy. ( All my sibling want a copy) The 5 discs I have made so far all work perfectly. When I tried to make the 6th copy the first part seemed to go fine, but when it got to the point of when you put the empty disc in to be burned the whole software program would no longer function. It would hang at that point and when I checked Windows Task it would show Program not Responding.

Thing I have tried are restarting the computer, Removing the software and reinstalling it. I contacted support and have tried their suggestion. ( Going to run program and entering "temp" and then "%temp%" and deleting those files.)

What I meant about the disc erasing was to say that I have tried another function of the software in addition to just copying discs, and that didnt work either. It just seems funny to me that it will copy it and not hang up until the point of burning.

Hope I have made myself more clear. Thanks for responding and trying to help.

Thanks for the additional information. So it sounds like somewhere along the line the program (all other program "functions") would not work either. I don't think that the fact you were trying to burn more than 5 DVD's in the same burn operation would make the entire program go bad though. When you say you tried removing and then re-installing the program what steps did you take ?

Have you tried this option yet ??

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

Frank...

Thanks for the additional information. So it sounds like somewhere along the line the program (all other program "functions") would not work either. I don't think that the fact you were trying to burn more than 5 DVD's in the same burn operation would make the entire program go bad though. When you say you tried removing and then re-installing the program what steps did you take ?

Frank...

I went to add and remove programs and restarted the computer.

I just meant it had worked 5 times, so I wasn't sure why the program would stop responding now, and it might mean something that it would stop at the point of burning, but would work to copy it.

Archived