Large Audio File

Angeline

Question

I have a large Audio file. 400 mb .aiff file. One long concert track.

I need to make a CD of this, with the tracks seperated so you can skip to each track.

But I want it to flow as one, if played straight through.

I bought Toast 9 thinking this would work. Ha

Tried using CD spin doctor, but audio kept skipping and I know the file is good. Plays great on any other software.

Please help.

Angeline

5 answers to this question

It should work fine in CD Spin Doctor. That's the application where you can mark the tracks for export to Toast. In Toast you'd need to set the pause between tracks to 0 seconds (except for the first track which remains at 2 seconds).

I don't know why you're experiencing any skipping in Spin Doctor. Did the waveform appear? Were you able to mark the tracks?

It should work fine in CD Spin Doctor. That's the application where you can mark the tracks for export to Toast. In Toast you'd need to set the pause between tracks to 0 seconds (except for the first track which remains at 2 seconds).

I don't know why you're experiencing any skipping in Spin Doctor. Did the waveform appear? Were you able to mark the tracks?

yes I did get a waveform and yes I could mark the tracks. The sound kept breaking up. I thought it might be a playback issue but when all files went to toast they still sounded bad and skipped alot.

yes I did get a waveform and yes I could mark the tracks. The sound kept breaking up. I thought it might be a playback issue but when all files went to toast they still sounded bad and skipped alot.

I haven't experienced a problem like this with Spin Doctor. Are you using the version included with the Toast 9.0.2 update?

I wonder if it might help if you opened the AIFF file in the Convert window (audio files setting) in Toast 9 and then clicked the red button to save it again as an AIFF file to a different location. Maybe that process would fix whatever is causing Spin Doctor to garble the import.

If you are listening to this in Spin Doctor then it will appear to skip but the file should be fine. Anything that I try to listen to in SD is skipping or slowing down.

I am having this same problem. I feel like there must be a setting somewhere that can help with the playback buffer but I can't seem to find anything. This problem is a deal breaker when you are using this program export audio for CD and you can not tell if there are digital glitches in your original audio file or if they are happening in spin doctor. Does anyone else have any input on how to get past this problem, it is way to distracting to ignore.

Thanks

I have a large Audio file. 400 mb .aiff file. One long concert track.

I need to make a CD of this, with the tracks seperated so you can skip to each track.

But I want it to flow as one, if played straight through.

I bought Toast 9 thinking this would work. Ha

Tried using CD spin doctor, but audio kept skipping and I know the file is good. Plays great on any other software.

Please help.

Angeline

If you are listening to this in Spin Doctor then it will appear to skip but the file should be fine. Anything that I try to listen to in SD is skipping or slowing down.

Archived