• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Where Is The Faststart Option?

chemden

Question

Video encoding in Toast 9 is awesome as Chapter Tracks are retained for video iPod and iPod Touch encoding a feature which Quicktime pro lacks for video iPod export. However, the option for faststart of such downloaded videos is missing. Videos which are encoded using Toast must be completely downloaded to your browser before they will play. This can be rather irritating for larger files. FASTSTART essentially places the file resource at the beginning of the file so as to allow immediate display of the video file as it downloads thereby making it web friendly. This is essential for videos that are not streamed but are on the web. PLEASE fix this ASAP and make video output web friendly.

Until the fix is available I recommend Lillipot to fix the Toast encoded video at http://www.qtbridge.com/lillipot/lillipot.html which simply moves this resource file. I still use Toast for the encoding as it retains my chapter tracks but running the video through Lillipot gives the faststart necessary for my website.

If I have missed Toast's ability to activate FASTSTART please correct me! And Keep ON Toastin!!!!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived