• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cinemaster Audio Codec 4.3 Problems

J. Smith

Question

Dell Latitude D830 4GB RAM

Windows Vista Ultimate

Installed Roxio 10, and could not get Audio to play in Windows Media Player when playing MPEG2 Video files from my Sony HandyCam SR45, or commercial DVD's. Could play anything in the CinePlayer though.

Problem: If Windows Media Player can't play the Audio in the file, then Windows Movie Maker isn't going to be able to capture the Audio, and didn't. Nor did Windows DVD Maker.

Solution: Re-Installed Windows Vista Ultimate, and Re-Installed Roxio Media Creator 10, however excluded the installation of CinePlayer. This worked great. I could use Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, and Windows DVD Maker.

However: Roxio "Video Copy & Convert" program didn't have any audio in the output files. I use Roxio "Video Copy & Convert" to output .MP4 files to distribute to MAC users.

I've now re-installed Roxio Media Creator 10

How can I use all of these programs? If I "unregister" C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared\CineMasterAudio.dll after cancelling a few 'installation' errors of CinePlayer trying to fix what I did, Windows Media Player works fine for MGEG2/DVD playback. If I re-register the .dll, Audio breaks in Windows Media Player again.

How can I disable the CineMaster Codecs in Windows Media Player, yet still have them installed and usable for only Roxio's software?

1 answer to this question

A new update.

I uninstalled the CineMaster Codec Package, and the Roxio CinePlayer program, to get Windows Media Player working again, so I could convert MPEG-2 to a .wmv. Windows Media Player wan't even able to open .mpg (MPEG2) files from my Video Camera at all.

Ran regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\wmvdecod.dll and everything returned to normal. I can now play MPEG-2 movies in Windows Media Player (with Audio), use Windows Movie Maker and Windows Movie Maker.

However!! Roxio Video Copy & Convert does not render Audio.

What is the deal!?

Let Media Player use Windows Codecs, and "force" Roxio to use it's own if need be. Hell, let Roxio use the 'native' Windows Vista Ultimate Codecs. It's why I paid the extra Cash for Vista Ultimate!!

Archived