Dvd Is Blank After Burning

cwpa

Question

I have Roxio Media Creator 9 and most of the programs are working great. I use Videowave a lot to edit videos. Recently I tried to burn a DVD, and, even though it seems to go through the whole burning process, and at the end says complete, the disc is empty. It won't load on a normal DVD player, on my computer, and when you check it, it is blank. I have tried to burn it using both MyDVD and MyDVD Express. Also, I have trouble getting the disc out, it keeps telling me (even sometimes 8 hours later, if I leave it go overnight) that the recorder is still busy ( a drag to disc message). If I close drag to disc (which is in my startup), it still will not allow me to eject the disk. Eventually, after closing programs, then waiting, I am able to eject the disc. I did notice this last time (I don't know about other times) that I had Windows Media Player open (not being used) during the burning process, and I don't know if that had an effect. Here is what I am using:

Roxio Media Creator 9

Either MyDVD or MyDVD Express

Windows XP Professional

Lenovo Thinkpad T Series T61

Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-852

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

I have Roxio Media Creator 9 and most of the programs are working great. I use Videowave a lot to edit videos. Recently I tried to burn a DVD, and, even though it seems to go through the whole burning process, and at the end says complete, the disc is empty.

Do you actually see your DVD burner's green (or other color's) light on during the burning process, or are you just going by what the program says?

Not sure why the disc would show blank.

Are you sure that at the burn screen in MyDVD that your burner is checked and not the box for an iso?

What I've noticed is that it renders and then burns to the disc.Is is getting to where the graph shows 100% complete?

Personally,I'd uninstall Drag-to-Disc.It's not that reliable and you can just as easily create a session disc with Creator Classic.

It would probably be wise to close as many running apps as you can when creating a DVD,including WMP,your anti-virus program or whatever else may be running.

I tried it again in MyDVD express, and it is now working well. Yes, the first time the light was lit. I have tried several times in MyDVD with no success, but now I am able to get it to work with MYDVD Express. I must have had a setting incorrect the first time, or clicked on a wrong button. Thanks everyone for your help.

I tried it again in MyDVD express, and it is now working well. Yes, the first time the light was lit. I have tried several times in MyDVD with no success, but now I am able to get it to work with MYDVD Express. I must have had a setting incorrect the first time, or clicked on a wrong button. Thanks everyone for your help.

Glad it worked out.

Just curious if you prefer MyDVD Express over MyDVD and why?

Archived