• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Load Skin

fddusitn

Question

:blink: I downloaded Roxio 10 I got an error unable to load skin I contacted Support and they had me redownload update from site and completed an clean install updated win player to win player 11 deleted all downs 5 times and used windows cleaner, regedit cleaner and fixers. updated video card driver ATI Now I am told that the updated download doesn't have the contents file but I deleted the whole first download w/the two files and customer sevice can't find my info so now all I have is the download from the updates at the Roxio site Everthing works but myDVD and videowave I keep getting unable to load skin. I have worked for hours with support and still can't get it to work I have a HP running Windows XP home Can anyone Please help!!!!! Can anybody tell me if the update download is missing the content file and if so where can I get it I can't find it at the Roxio site.

9 answers to this question

How big was the file you downloaded?

The normal download is about 1.4 GB in size and includes the content, however, if it was round 700 MB then the content isn't included.

If you still have the original download, the content should be in there and you will have to remove and re-install (after saving the original download to a DVD)

How big was the file you downloaded?

The normal download is about 1.4 GB in size and includes the content, however, if it was round 700 MB then the content isn't included.

If you still have the original download, the content should be in there and you will have to remove and re-install (after saving the original download to a DVD)

Your right the content file is not in there the only content file is the skin . The files I have downloaded is 780 mb from the Roxio upgrade site. I deleted the oringinal download because support told me to redownload and didn't make a dvd I can't find my account I guess I have to eat this one. Do you know where I can get a content file?

You'd need to contact sales and ask for a fresh download - as I said, the update is only the program itself and you will need the original download to get the content (it's not a separate download as earlier versions were)

But, I'll repeat - once you have the full installation file, open that with winrar or winzip (it's a self-extractinr archive), extract the files to a temp folder and then burn the contents of that to a DVD so you do have a back-up

If it's working on your son's computer and not on yours, the fault is outside the program

It's possible you may have a different problem - did you try the clean install method?

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR (for XP)

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000127CR (for Vista)

Hi

Thanks to everyone that helped me here!! I had to perform a total recovery on my computer. That did the trick. Easy Media Creator 10 is work as it should My problem was outside of the program.

You'd need to contact sales and ask for a fresh download - as I said, the update is only the program itself and you will need the original download to get the content (it's not a separate download as earlier versions were)

But, I'll repeat - once you have the full installation file, open that with winrar or winzip (it's a self-extractinr archive), extract the files to a temp folder and then burn the contents of that to a DVD so you do have a back-up

Ok I went into the emc100 file and winrar didnt open the files so I extracted them through winrar now the size of the roxio emc size is 1.09 GB but I still can't get it to work.

1.09 is too small really - the download is between 1.4 and 1.5 GB - you may need to download again

I doing something wrong I did save a dvd and installed it on my son's computer and myDVD worked and all skins and video wave worked however, when I chick on easy media it works but a error massage appears msi missing. But I am not worried about this computer. I need to install in my computer so I did clean up again and installed it again and the same massage unable to load skin and my anti vius disappeared . So I am back at unable to load skin.

Archived