Slideshow In Mydvd10

JOHFER

Hi!

When I am adding pictures to a slideshow in MyDVD10 the slideshow increase 10-times in size. So if I have for exampel 10 pictures with a total size of 5,3 mb the size is 53 mb in the slideshow. How is this possible and what can I do about it? I have tried to reasize the pictures in Photoshop but I get the same result.

The total size of all pictures that I will add to slideshow is 487mb but it will not fit to a DVD.

/JOHFER

Hi!

When I am adding pictures to a slideshow in MyDVD10 the slideshow increase 10-times in size. So if I have for exampel 10 pictures with a total size of 5,3 mb the size is 53 mb in the slideshow. How is this possible and what can I do about it? I have tried to reasize the pictures in Photoshop but I get the same result.

The total size of all pictures that I will add to slideshow is 487mb but it will not fit to a DVD.

/JOHFER

The original size of the pictures isn't really a factor in the final size of the production, it's the time that affects it. Technically, you're not creating a "slideshow" so much as a DVD movie of still pictures. To test this, increase or decrease the duration of all your pictures. The pictures haven't changed, but the duration has, and the size will change accordingly. The rule of thumb is that you can fit 1 hour of "high quality" movie onto a single layer, 4.7GB DVD disc. So, start with that, and see if that helps.

Also, when you're done with your production (which hopefully you're doing in VideoWave), and output it, it may be larger than 4.7GB, but if it's within the 1 hour timeframe, you'll then run it through MyDVD and save it to a .ISO image file. From there, use Video Copy to fit it onto the DVD.

Hope that helps!

Archived