• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 9.0.2 Does Not Work

archie79muc

Question

Hi,

on my MacBook C2D under Leo 10.5.2 and all the new Apple updates applied Toast 9 does not burn anything - it just gives me numerous errors and seems to kill all my CD or DVD-recordables.

I thought Toast 9 would be an upgrade to Toast 8, but it does not do the job.

Can anyone help?

6 answers to this question

Here's a suggestion:

Try recording a CD-RW using iTunes and see whether you have a hardware or operating system issue. Many people on this board have complained of similar problems (including myself); in my case it turned out to be a defective (internal) drive. For what it's worth, I also have a MacBook C2D with 10.5.2. Also, I have a suspicion (as yet completely unconfirmed) that Time Machine backups may be part of the problem.

For the time being, you can also use Disk Utility to record to CDs and DVDs.

Well, thanks for your suggestion, but burning with iTunes does work perfectly. I did never get an error or otherwise problem with burning either using the internal drive or using my external LG-firewire-burner. Everything works fine - thats why I guess the problem is either Toast 9 or the combination of Apple update/leo bug/internal Toast problem.

If anyone can suggest something - feel free to do so, please!

I just burned a disc to answer a question in another post. I have been happily burning discs since Toast 9 came out. Maybe you can give us some details on errors that you get or any other possible details on the failure mode. I didn't bother replying before because honestly, how can one possibly troubleshoot "Toast 9 does not burn anything"?

No more ideas, anyone?

Sorry I can't help. I haven't had even one bad disc using Toast 9 on my MacBook Pro and 10.5.2 or my G5 IMac and 10.4.11. So when you say nothing has worked I don't even know where to start looking for a problem. The general advice is to trash the Toast plist and prefs files from your User>Library>Preferences folder and to make sure you don't have an xvid codec in any Library>Quicktime folders.

I can also report that I am having no problems burning DVDs, DL DVDs, DivX DVDs and CDs, and audio CDs. I am not experiencing any problems with encoding, although I still obtain better results with my camera's avi files when I write them to a DivX disc rather than encode them for a DVD-video disc (perhaps no re-encoding = smoother motion).

I do turn off Time Machine temporarily while I'm burning discs (if I remember to).

Sorry I can't offer more suggestions.

Archived