• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Simply Copying An Audio Cd

This might be a very stupid question but I need an answer regardless. I have an audio cd I want to burn a copy of. I opened my Roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6. I select classic creator. The audio tracks show up on the top, but I am not able to move then down the burn list for the project cd. I can move mp3 on my computer to the burn list without a problem. Then i tried to simply copy a cd function. I put a blanck cd in and select the slowest speed burn that the blank cd can handle. I start the burn but it always fails. the error message is Write Error, Medium error 03/0c/00 TSST corp cd/deve wts- h55(or ss)2b. What is the problem and what i doing wrong. PLease i need help. THank you.

It's possible that the CD you are trying to copy has some form of protection that will stop you doing that.

Can you extract the tracks in any other way? (drag and drop in Windows explorer, for example)

It's possible that the CD you are trying to copy has some form of protection that will stop you doing that.

Can you extract the tracks in any other way? (drag and drop in Windows explorer, for example)

I never done a drag and drop in windows explorer, but i was about to put the music on my itunes library. Is that the answer you are looking for? Thank you

This might be a very stupid question but I need an answer regardless. I have an audio cd I want to burn a copy of. I opened my Roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6. I select classic creator. The audio tracks show up on the top, but I am not able to move then down the burn list for the project cd. I can move mp3 on my computer to the burn list without a problem.

Excuse me asking, but do you have your Creator Classic set for a MUSIC project > Audio CD? Please see the middle tab in the picture below.

post-208-1209775301.jpg

As you can see, I don't have any trouble selecting all the tracks on my CD in the top pane, and sending them to the bottom pane with the downarrow, or by dragging the titles down. You could drag MP3 files down if you have selected a Data project or an MP3 disc, but not audio tracks.

tried to simply copy a cd function. I put a blanck cd in and select the slowest speed burn that the blank cd can handle. I start the burn but it always fails. the error message is Write Error, Medium error 03/0c/00 TSST corp cd/deve wts- h55(or ss)2b. What is the problem and what i doing wrong. PLease i need help. THank you.

That error is your drive telling the system that it has had a write error. Without information about the drive and discs you're using all I can do is suggest that you try a different speed, or another brand/type of dsc.

Most disc drives are optimized to write best about the middle of their speed range, so that they can get an acceptable error level down the slow end of the range and up the top end, but some of them don't do that well at the extremes of the range.

Regards,

Brendon

Well,

The top panel recognizes it is an audio cd in the drive. The titles are tracks 1 through 13. I highlight the first track and click on the down arrow, but nothing happens. The classic creator is almost frozen after that. I cant click on any of the other tabs. The only thing i can do is exit the software and then reopen it. I always select music tab on the bottom panel before I try to start adding tracks. so that is not the problem

The write errors i have gotten is when i try and use the disc copier application not the classic creator. I cant get the tracks added in the classic creator application.

As for the writing speed, I chose the slowest number because that was the max for the cd.

edited to remove large quote and picture

Eeyore,

You have two separate problems. For the writing one I still suggest trying a different brand/speed of blank disc, or your drive's optics might need cleaning. Your drive is having difficulty writing to your present type of blank.

I don't know what is going wrong at the selection process in Creator Classic. I thought perhaps Creator 6 might go and read the CD when you select a track but I just checked and it doesn't, however at that point it should have already read the Table of Contents [TOC]. What would happen if it can't get a decent read of the TOC?

Does this problem with selecting tracks show with only this one particular CD, or with every CD you try? You've said you can select MP3 files without problem so the selection routines must be working. I'm wondering if a dirty CD or dirty drive optics might be causing this problem because the drive is having problems reading your source CD.

Ok I will try another type of cd but the max speed for the cd is only 9x so i have to choose the slowest speed for the burn. I cant really do much with the speed of the burn. I am limited to the cd speed.

I am not sure about my drive optics but I did take out my cd and clean it but i ran into the same problem. So the cd is recently been cleaned. I will try and copy a different cd this evening.

I am not sure about the TOC question. The Classic creator reads the cd and puts the correct number of tracks in the top part of the panel. I can even preview any song on the cd. I just cant add any of them to the burn project. Like i said before, when i do try and add one, its does not get added and the program, almost freezes. The only thing i can do it quit the program. all other functions do not work. Thank you.

Eeyore,

You have two separate problems. For the writing one I still suggest trying a different brand/speed of blank disc, or your drive's optics might need cleaning. Your drive is having difficulty writing to your present type of blank.

I don't know what is going wrong at the selection process in Creator Classic. I thought perhaps Creator 6 might go and read the CD when you select a track but I just checked and it doesn't, however at that point it should have already read the Table of Contents [TOC]. What would happen if it can't get a decent read of the TOC?

Does this problem with selecting tracks show with only this one particular CD, or with every CD you try? You've said you can select MP3 files without problem so the selection routines must be working. I'm wondering if a dirty CD or dirty drive optics might be causing this problem because the drive is having problems reading your source CD.

Ok I will try another type of cd but the max speed for the cd is only 9x so i have to choose the slowest speed for the burn. I cant really do much with the speed of the burn. I am limited to the cd speed.

<snip>

Since CD-Rs sold today are generally 48x or 52x, I'm wondering just what kind of discs these are - for example, are they RW discs? or DVD/R or DVD/RW discs?

It just isn't making sense.

What is the id string for your burner? (right-click 'MyComputer' > properties > hardware > device manager > CD-ROM (or DVD/CD-ROM) drives - click on it to show the id string, and copy it, letter for letter and number for number, space for space, and using upper and lower case exactly as shown)

Lynn

Ok, last night I tried to burn a copy of a different audio cd and I ran into the same problems. In the classic creator, the top panel showed all the tracks on the audio cd. I could even preview all the tracks. But as soon as i highlighted a track, and clicked the down arrow, a message box flashed on the screen and then the classic creator was froze. I could not do any other tasks in it. I had to control , alt delete to close the progam.

Then I tried using the cd copier. I started the burn with a blank cd. I have old cds, and the max burn rate is only 16x, so that is what i chose in the copier progam. I have tried to use over 20 of these cds. I cnat believe that all twenty are bad. During the process I received an error message and the blank cd was eject. The error message was

tsstcorp cd/dvdw ts-h552b (write error - medium error {03/0c/00})

I know the audio cd is not the issue, but that is about it at theis point. Have anyone help in determining how to fix the problem? Thank you

I'll leave you with the Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 experts, Eeyore. Good luck.

For starters, you TSST CD/DVDW TSH552B can burn DVD blanks at 16x. That means 16 times as fast as the 1350 KB per second of 1x. That is, you can burn a DVD at 21600 KB per second.

CDs burn 150 KB per second at 1x (at a rate which would burn an 80 minute CD in 80 minutes). At 52x it burns 7800 KB per second.

So you seem to be confusing DVDs and CDs.

Please describe EXACTLY what kind of CDs you are using - brand, speed, capacity.

The error message is telling you that you have a problem with the media.

Lynn

Ok, last night I tried to burn a copy of a different audio cd and I ran into the same problems. In the classic creator, the top panel showed all the tracks on the audio cd. I could even preview all the tracks. But as soon as i highlighted a track, and clicked the down arrow, a message box flashed on the screen and then the classic creator was froze. I could not do any other tasks in it. I had to control , alt delete to close the progam.

Then I tried using the cd copier. I started the burn with a blank cd. I have old cds, and the max burn rate is only 16x, so that is what i chose in the copier progam. I have tried to use over 20 of these cds. I cnat believe that all twenty are bad. During the process I received an error message and the blank cd was eject. The error message was

tsstcorp cd/dvdw ts-h552b (write error - medium error {03/0c/00})

I know the audio cd is not the issue, but that is about it at theis point. Have anyone help in determining how to fix the problem? Thank you

Your drive is a 4 year old model. Have you updated the drivers for it as well as the firmware? A search in the internet shows that this burner has poor campatibility with many media.

I also ran the Auto updater, but I was not able to check for updated drivers or firmware, because every time i ran it would get the it encountered a problem and would have to close.

Your drive is a 4 year old model. Have you updated the drivers for it as well as the firmware? A search in the internet shows that this burner has poor campatibility with many media.

The blank cds that I am trying to burn are

Acer

cd-R80 700MB

16x multi-speed

Compact disc recordable.

I also ran the Auto updater, but I was not able to check for updated drivers or firmware, because every time i ran it would get the it encountered a problem and would have to close.

Driver and/or firmware updates should be from the the video card manufacturers website. I I have no idea what Auto Updater does.

Acer

cd-R80 700MB

16x multi-speed

Compact disc recordable.

Try some good quality CDs such as Verbatim :rolleyes:

Try going here to get the latest firmware.Make sure to look down the page for the instructions on how to apply it.

It is from 2006 so who knows if it will help.Looks like the last one though.This is basically a Samsung drive and they have the same version for the firmware.

I thought the auto updater automatically looked for updated drivers and firmware without going to the site. I could be wrong. It was the Roxio auto updater though.

Acer

cd-R80 700MB

16x multi-speed

Compact disc recordable.

Acer

cd-R80 700MB

16x multi-speed

Compact disc recordable.

I'm not sure you can even buy 16x CD-R blanks anymore. Recording blanks can deteriorate over time. Most likely all you will find are 52x (that is the MAXIMUM speed, under good conditions - in practice, it will be a bit slower, especially toward the outer edge). (OK, there ARE 16x DVD/R discs available, but that's off subject :()

You should be able to buy discs in small quantities like 1 or 5 (or "borrow" one from someone), and try a different brand.

Trying to "update" firmware for the burner with the software program is sort of like trying to align the sparkplugs using the car radio tuner. Terry has covered the question of updating the burner firmware very well.

Lynn

Most likely all you will find are 52x (that is the MAXIMUM speed, under good conditions - in practice, it will be a bit slower, especially toward the outer edge).

Lynn

Only thing I disagreed with Lynn.With todays drives most of them are CAV.These operate the opposite.The speed is slower toward the inside and faster toward the outer.Since the write is started toward the inner part the record speed actually goes up as you approach the outer edge.Record a disc and watch it.If you record enough data you'll see the speed increase as the laser makes it's way toward the outer edge.So you may start out at say 20x and end up close to 52x as long as you fill most of the disc.

Older drives used CLV which kept the speed constant over the entire disc.

No big deal,just backwards thats' all ^_^

I thought the auto updater automatically looked for updated drivers and firmware without going to the site. I could be wrong. It was the Roxio auto updater though.

The Roxio Auto Updater only applies to Roxio programs and has nothing to do with updating drivers or firmware. The best source for drivers/firmware is usually the manufacturers website. Following Terrys post is a good start.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I bought some new cds with a max burn speed of 52X. I was still not able to add any of the cd tracks to the burn project. Each time I tried to. The program would still almost freeze. I could nt do anything. I had to control, alt, delete just to exit the program. Then I tried disk copier. I selected teh max speed of 40X. Each time I received the same error message. TSST corp cd/dvdw/ ts-h552b Power on reset or bus device reset occured. unit attnetion 6/29/00

I also followed the link to update the firmware and did that. SO i have new cd and updated firmware, but I am not able to copy this audio cd. What should I do next? Thank you.

I think this is a clue:Power on reset or bus device reset occured.

I Googled this and most of the post seem to lean toward a problem with the burner or a possible compatibility problem with the motherboard drivers for the IDE channels.

One quick thing you can check is go to Device Manager,look for IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers and hit the + sign.

Now right click the Primary Channel,go to the Advanced settings tab and look at both Dev 0 and Dev 1.

See what the Current Transfer mode says.If it says PIO that could be the problem.

Make sure the middle dropdown says "DMA if available".If it doesn't change it.Now reboot the machine and then check again and see if the Current mode changes to DMA Mode x,where x is a number.

Archived