sarbs

.tivo Encoding/multiplexing

Question

HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!! I have been tearing my hair out ever since I purchased Toast 9 Titanium. I primarily bought it to convert TV shows that I record on my TiVo to DVD's. Some of the files began by multiplexing and then burned within a few minutes. On the other hand, the majority of the .tivo files encode themselves which takes over 2 hours to burn an hour-long show. I have the preferences set to "Never re-encode" but for some reason, I cannot multiplex the files instead. I have read many discussion threads in this forum, TiVo's forum, and Apple's forum. The majority of the messages suggested that by using Popcorn 3 instead of Toast 9, I could multiplex the files and have my dvd created in a few minutes. So, I paid Roxio another $50 to save my "valuable" time. However.... when I tried burning .tivo files to a dvd, I got the same horrific Toast encoding wait period. Can anyone out there help me and save what little hair and sanity I have left. Are there other settings in the preferences I need to adjust to drastically reduce the dvd burn time for .tivo files???

Additionally, as I installed Toast 9 before installing Popcorn 3, the .tivo files attempt to play using the older "Toast Video Player" that comes with Popcorn 3. As soon as the player opens, it crashes and closes. I cannot set my computer to open the .tivo files actually using Toast's video player instead of the "Toast Video Player" that comes with Popcorn. It tells me that I do not have permission to change that setting for this file type. I have had it with Roxio's antics and I need help in the worst possible way. Thank you to anyone who can help me....

-Josh

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet