• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Music Dvd Burn Problems

tisoy33

Question

Roxio support seems pretty pathetic. I have tried all of their so called solutions and nothing seems to correct this problem. I explain time and again that I have done EVERYTHING that they tell me to in order to correct this and they just keep giving me the same links to the same so called solutions. I get about 50% thru "encoding menus" and I get the error message "roxio music dvd creator has encountered an error and need to close, if you were in the middle of something sorry for the inconvenience" blah blah blah.... I have done a clean install and reinstall, I have toggled the ATA ATAPI controllers, I have tried slowing down the burn speed, I have all the latest drivers for my burner and video card, I have the latest firmware for my burner, I have all antivirus and spyware turned off, I have 2gigs of ram, A defragged HD, I have windows xp with service pack 2, a brand new video card with 512mb of onboard memory, I have removed ALL other burning software, I have tried different brands of disks. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING that they suggest even if I have forgotten to list it here. As far as I am concerned, when you pay for something like this it should work straight out of the box. Just install and use it. I should not have to jump thru all these hoops and still have a product that isnt worth the box it came in. I bought this program specifically for the ability to burn a dvd music disk so that I can store all my music on three or four disks. Can anyone recomend another product that has this feature that actually WORKS!!!????

6 answers to this question

The program is fo home use. It isn't going to work with Microsoft's IE 7 and WMP 11. Roll both of those back to previous versions, and you should have a working program again.

Sometimes, a reinstall of EMC 8 is needed, after rolling back from the junk MS versions of IE and WMP.

Hi grandpabruce, thanks for your reply. By the amount of posts on here I see that you are probably a fairly knowledgable guy when it comes to this. So with that said, I dont doubt your advice, I just want to ask you a question before I roll back to previous versions of IE and WMP as per your suggestion. I dont really understand why this could make a difference? I am not using either one of these applications while using EMC 8. I dont really understand how the program I use to surf the web would have anything to do with using this program????? II guess the only thing I could do is try it. If it doesnt work Im gonna give up on this. I just dont have the time or patience to do it anymore. Also what version of IE should I roll back to, as well WMP? Thanks

Microsoft designed IE 7 and WinPlayer 11 for Vista, and then adapted it to run in WinXP. It makes changes to the registry, and I suspect elsewhere, that disables a LOT of software, not just Roxio EMC 7 and 8.

I would suspect that ANY burning program you get that isn't Vista-compatible, will not work with IE 7 and/or WinPlayer 11. (Remember, WinPlayer 10 and above can burn music CDs, and therefore is likely to do one of MS's favorite tricks - after encouraging everyone to use the same .dll files, they change the .dll files ... I don't have either of them, nor have I looked at the code, so can't swear to it but neither is getting anywhere near my current computers.)

Since I don't see why I should download a "free" browser that will mean I have to re-purchase all of my software, I'm still using IE 6, and intend to continue doing so. (And WinPlayer 9 on the Win2000, WinPlayer 10 on the WinXP)

Lynn

Roxio support seems pretty pathetic. I have tried all of their so called solutions and nothing seems to correct this problem. I explain time and again that I have done EVERYTHING that they tell me to in order to correct this and they just keep giving me the same links to the same so called solutions. I get about 50% thru "encoding menus" and I get the error message "roxio music dvd creator has encountered an error and need to close, if you were in the middle of something sorry for the inconvenience" blah blah blah.... I have done a clean install and reinstall, I have toggled the ATA ATAPI controllers, I have tried slowing down the burn speed, I have all the latest drivers for my burner and video card, I have the latest firmware for my burner, I have all antivirus and spyware turned off, I have 2gigs of ram, A defragged HD, I have windows xp with service pack 2, a brand new video card with 512mb of onboard memory, I have removed ALL other burning software, I have tried different brands of disks. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING that they suggest even if I have forgotten to list it here. As far as I am concerned, when you pay for something like this it should work straight out of the box. Just install and use it. I should not have to jump thru all these hoops and still have a product that isnt worth the box it came in. I bought this program specifically for the ability to burn a dvd music disk so that I can store all my music on three or four disks. Can anyone recomend another product that has this feature that actually WORKS!!!????

This one works ! Do you have either/both IE 7 and WMP 11 on your computer? What OS? Try the version in the Music Disc Creator application rather than the shortcut to it.

If you have tried everything, then perhaps it is not the program. Look at the music you are adding. Make sure there are no images (album covers) in the list. Make sure there are no music clips that you downloaded from on line music stores. They may have protection that will not allow them to be copied the way you are doing it.

What format are you using? wav or mp3? What are the properties of the mp3 files? Are they all the same bit rate, etc?

You may want to use Sound Editor to change the format all to the same in groups according to albums or artist. That way if there is a bad one in there, then perhaps you'll find it. Try doing that and burning to an RW disc in groups to help ID the bad file. The RW will allow you to trouble shoot and rewrite the disc. Don't use RW for long term storage.

What brand of DVD are you using? Memorex and store brands tend to give a lot of burning problems.

I don't have EMC 8 on my computer. Will it allow you to make an image file (ISO or c2d) of what you want to put on the disc? You may want to try that also.

If the image files is made properly, just use Disc Copier or Creator Classic to copy the image file to the disc.

Hi thanks for the help. I have both wmp11 andIE7. I am running windows xp and I am using a variety of disk brands but lately using "verbatim" disks. None of the clips have copyright protection. However there are many different bit rates among the various tracks. They are all mp3 files so I dont know why the bit rate should matter. If it does then the program is hopelessly useless. I dont know what an image file is nevermind how I would make one. I appreciate your help but it seems as though one needs to be an engineer or have a degree in computer editing to operate this program. I guess its definitely not for the uninitiated. I assumed that when i purchased the program that it was for the home user not a professional editing program.

This one works ! Do you have either/both IE 7 and WMP 11 on your computer? What OS? Try the version in the Music Disc Creator application rather than the shortcut to it.

If you have tried everything, then perhaps it is not the program. Look at the music you are adding. Make sure there are no images (album covers) in the list. Make sure there are no music clips that you downloaded from on line music stores. They may have protection that will not allow them to be copied the way you are doing it.

What format are you using? wav or mp3? What are the properties of the mp3 files? Are they all the same bit rate, etc?

You may want to use Sound Editor to change the format all to the same in groups according to albums or artist. That way if there is a bad one in there, then perhaps you'll find it. Try doing that and burning to an RW disc in groups to help ID the bad file. The RW will allow you to trouble shoot and rewrite the disc. Don't use RW for long term storage.

What brand of DVD are you using? Memorex and store brands tend to give a lot of burning problems.

I don't have EMC 8 on my computer. Will it allow you to make an image file (ISO or c2d) of what you want to put on the disc? You may want to try that also.

If the image files is made properly, just use Disc Copier or Creator Classic to copy the image file to the disc.

I just tested the "Musik-DVD" option under my WOC 10 (German twin of EMC10) without any problems.

I'm running XP Home SP3, IE 7 and WMP 11!!!

For my test I added 150 different mp3 files with different bitrates from 128-390 kBit's/s also some in CBR and some in VBR. Some includes a label , some not.

"Musik Disk Creator" converted all added soundtracks to Dolby Digital AC-3 (choices are: Dolby Digital AC-3; MPEG 1 Layer 2;PCM) .

As said before, no problems at all. The Disk is playing fine on my externel player and all buttons are working as defined. Even all sorting options are available and, if there, the coverlabel for the track is shown also.

May be that EMC 8 has some difficulties with your PC configuration, so the alternativ could be EMC 10.

Hi thanks for the help. I have both wmp11 andIE7. I am running windows xp and I am using a variety of disk brands but lately using "verbatim" disks. None of the clips have copyright protection. However there are many different bit rates among the various tracks. They are all mp3 files so I dont know why the bit rate should matter. If it does then the program is hopelessly useless. I dont know what an image file is nevermind how I would make one. I appreciate your help but it seems as though one needs to be an engineer or have a degree in computer editing to operate this program. I guess its definitely not for the uninitiated. I assumed that when i purchased the program that it was for the home user not a professional editing program.

The program is fo home use. It isn't going to work with Microsoft's IE 7 and WMP 11. Roll both of those back to previous versions, and you should have a working program again.

Sometimes, a reinstall of EMC 8 is needed, after rolling back from the junk MS versions of IE and WMP.

Archived