• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Compile Dvds And Movies

patmoore

Question

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm using the Compile DVDs and Movies feature and I have all the chapters set up to burn. When I click on Burn, it switches to the Copy Module and asks which disc I'm copying from!

What am I doing wrong?

14 answers to this question

Memorex are poor quality discs, Verbatim are much better quality. Also check if your DVD player prefers -R or +R or is able to play both. You should also check with the people you are giving the DVDs.

If the DVD launched right into the first act then it looks like you have set that clip set as the Intro movie. To get the clips to play in sequence you have to set the linkage "After Playing" to link to the movie that is to play next.

The items as shown on your menu page are called Titles. Chapter would be created if you were to subdivide on of these Titles - you would then get a sub-menu page for a Title showing the chapter.

Turns out I have some Verbatim DVD+R discs. I'll try them.

I'm still stymied by the procedure to fix the "After Playing" feature. Thanks for your patience with this slow learner. I was able to find this screen but I'm not sure I'm using the right settings. Should "Activate on Selection" be checked?

2r4n7et.jpg

BTW, I'm experimenting with other features of the program and just completed my first slideshow.

Turns out I have some Verbatim DVD+R discs. I'll try them.

I'm still stymied by the procedure to fix the "After Playing" feature. Thanks for your patience with this slow learner. I was able to find this screen but I'm not sure I'm using the right settings. Should "Activate on Selection" be checked?

2r4n7et.jpg

BTW, I'm experimenting with other features of the program and just completed my first slideshow.

You seem to have the "play after" option set up correctly to play the next clip in sequence assuming the other clips also link to next clip. The last clip should link to the Title Action.

I don't know why your DVD does not start with the menu since you don't have a Intro in your setup. Is this problem also when you play through your PC player?

Great photos and nice slideshow! Congratulations!

Thanks! If you're a skier you might recognize some legends of the sport in that slideshow. I was fortunate to have my picture taken with A J Kitt, Phil Mahre, Billy Kidd, and Deb Armstrong. I'm hosting it on blip.tv instead of YouTube because the resolution (especially on full screen) seems better.

You seem to have the "play after" option set up correctly to play the next clip in sequence assuming the other clips also link to next clip. The last clip should link to the Title Action.

I don't know why your DVD does not start with the menu since you don't have a Intro in your setup. Is this problem also when you play through your PC player?

I just burned a Verbatim DVD with those settings and everything worked perfectly - even on my antiquated player. Thanks!

Thanks! If you're a skier you might recognize some legends of the sport in that slideshow. I was fortunate to have my picture taken with A J Kitt, Phil Mahre, Billy Kidd, and Deb Armstrong. I'm hosting it on blip.tv instead of YouTube because the resolution (especially on full screen) seems better.

I just burned a Verbatim DVD with those settings and everything worked perfectly - even on my antiquated player. Thanks!

I am glad everything is working. So it seems its the Memorex DVDs that were creating the problem as many users have discovered.

I gave up on that feature and tried MyDVD. I was able to create a DVD of my home movies but there was a lot of jerkiness and the editing features were very limited. I'm sorry I got rid of my old copy of Sonic MyDVD. It was much easier to use and produced far better quality.

Is it possible I bought a defective version of Roxio? So far it's been a major disappointment.

I gave up on that feature and tried MyDVD. I was able to create a DVD of my home movies but there was a lot of jerkiness and the editing features were very limited. I'm sorry I got rid of my old copy of Sonic MyDVD. It was much easier to use and produced far better quality.

Is it possible I bought a defective version of Roxio? So far it's been a major disappointment.

I produce excellent video DVDs using EMC 10.

Did your EMC 10 come with your computer or burner or is it a full retail version? If it's an OEM version then it most likely does not have all the features of the full suite.

Perhaps you system is not powerful enough to handle the video load. What are your system specs especially video card? Have you updated to the latest drivers for your video card as well as the latest DirectX?

Is your rendering set to Hardware or Software (look under Tool/Options)? If hardware try software.

I don't understand what you mean by "editing features were very limited". EMC 10 has full editing capabilities. Most users use Videowave for the editing of video and myDVD for authoring the DVD.

Since you have given little information on what settings your used, etc it is hard to make any suggestions on what you are doing wrong.

After you learn how to use it, you will find far more capacity with EMC 10. With capability comes complexity…

Sounds as though your video card is not up to the task. Try one using Software Rendering (Tools – Options – check Software)

Thanks for getting back with me. I tried Tools - Options - Check Software and got as far as the screen shown below. Clicking OK did nothing. I did this from the home screen. Should I be someplace else?

mk88l1.jpg

I produce excellent video DVDs using EMC 10.

Did your EMC 10 come with your computer or burner or is it a full retail version? If it's an OEM version then it most likely does not have all the features of the full suite.

Perhaps you system is not powerful enough to handle the video load. What are your system specs especially video card? Have you updated to the latest drivers for your video card as well as the latest DirectX?

Is your rendering set to Hardware or Software (look under Tool/Options)? If hardware try software.

I don't understand what you mean by "editing features were very limited". EMC 10 has full editing capabilities. Most users use Videowave for the editing of video and myDVD for authoring the DVD.

Since you have given little information on what settings your used, etc it is hard to make any suggestions on what you are doing wrong.

I'm using a four year old HP desktop unit with XP Home Media Center. It has a dual core processor - 2.2 Ghz. The 250 GB hard drive is pretty much maxed out and I only have 25 GB free. I just ordered an external 500 GB drive to free up some space.

I bought my software directly from Roxio because my Sonic MyDVD was always trying to reinstall itself. Tech support couldn't help me so I bought Roxio MyDVD 10 Premiere and uninstalled Sonic from my PC. Fortunately I still have Sonic on my laptop so I was able to make a nice DVD of our ski club's Lip Sync competition.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of DirectX

"Is your rendering set to Hardware or Software (look under Tool/Options)? If hardware try software." Just switched it to Software. I'll play with the program to see if anything changes.

Gotta really show my ignorance here. What is EMC 10? Is that what I have?

Any idea why I had the problem in first post? The first time I created a DVD, I was able to burn it with the menu. Every time since, it takes me to the disc copy module. Rebooting didn't solve the problem.

I really appreciate your taking the time to walk me through this. The program looks versatile but I'm having obvious difficulty learning how to take advantage of all its features.

Thanks for getting back with me. I tried Tools - Options - Check Software and got as far as the screen shown below. Clicking OK did nothing. I did this from the home screen. Should I be someplace else?

mk88l1.jpg

I'm using a four year old HP desktop unit with XP Home Media Center. It has a dual core processor - 2.2 Ghz. The 250 GB hard drive is pretty much maxed out and I only have 25 GB free. I just ordered an external 500 GB drive to free up some space.

I bought my software directly from Roxio because my Sonic MyDVD was always trying to reinstall itself. Tech support couldn't help me so I bought Roxio MyDVD 10 Premiere and uninstalled Sonic from my PC. Fortunately I still have Sonic on my laptop so I was able to make a nice DVD of our ski club's Lip Sync competition.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of DirectX

"Is your rendering set to Hardware or Software (look under Tool/Options)? If hardware try software." Just switched it to Software. I'll play with the program to see if anything changes.

Gotta really show my ignorance here. What is EMC 10? Is that what I have?

Any idea why I had the problem in first post? The first time I created a DVD, I was able to burn it with the menu. Every time since, it takes me to the disc copy module. Rebooting didn't solve the problem.

I really appreciate your taking the time to walk me through this. The program looks versatile but I'm having obvious difficulty learning how to take advantage of all its features.

Launch myDVD and under tools select options and the following window should pop up. Which render option is selected, Hardware or Software?

EMC 10 is the full Roxio suite containing many different programs including myDVD and Videowave. The program you have is mainly a program to create DVDs and may be much more limited than EMC 10. With only 25GB free which may be badly fragmented, you may be running into storage space problems.

You also have not listed your graphics card. Since you have a laptop your video card is most likely on board and those usually are not capable of handling some of the Roxio requirements especially if your rendering is set to hardware,setting it to software may help.

post-103-1209842319.jpg

I have MyDVD 10 Premier Version: 10.1.115

The suite has

Capture Video

Plug and Burn

CineMagic

VideoWave

My DVD Express

My DVD

Compile DVDs and Movies

CinePlayer

Convert Video

Divx DVDs

My desktop unit (where this program is installed) has an NVidia GeForce 6100.

Thanks for the guidance.

I'm burning another attempt with MyDVD. It took a while to get nine chapters on the same screen. I'll let you know how it comes out.

I have MyDVD 10 Premier Version: 10.1.115

The suite has

Capture Video

Plug and Burn

CineMagic

VideoWave

My DVD Express

My DVD

Compile DVDs and Movies

CinePlayer

Convert Video

Divx DVDs

My desktop unit (where this program is installed) has an NVidia GeForce 6100.

Thanks for the guidance.

I'm burning another attempt with MyDVD. It took a while to get nine chapters on the same screen. I'll let you know how it comes out.

I hope it works for you! Are you talking about 9 "chapters" on the main menu screen? Those would be called Titles in EMC lingo while chapters refer the sub-menus under a Title. What menu style are you using to get 9"chapters" on a menu page?

I put nine different acts on the menu page. I'm not sure if they're called chapters or not. When I got the message saying the current menu was full and asking if I wanted to create another menu, I said no and just added more to the current menu. There's plenty of room to have nine different acts on one screen. I resized and rearranged them as shown in the screenshot below. BTW, I love that motion menu!

It worked fine when I played it back in the DVD ROM of my PC but my home TV's older DVD player wouldn't recognize the DVD. Since I'm burning several copies for all the folks who appeared on the video, this is a concern. I'm using Memorex DVD+R discs. Would DVD-R or a different brand work better? I just tested it on a newer home DVD player and it works fine but it launched right into the first act (John's Jokes) when I'd prefer it come up on the menu screen. What settings do I need to change so that inserting the DVD brings up the menu and then each act plays in succession after the first is selected? That was how my Sonic MyDVD program worked. Again, thanks for the help!

jj33x0.jpg

I put nine different acts on the menu page. I'm not sure if they're called chapters or not. When I got the message saying the current menu was full and asking if I wanted to create another menu, I said no and just added more to the current menu. There's plenty of room to have nine different acts on one screen. I resized and rearranged them as shown in the screenshot below. BTW, I love that motion menu!

It worked fine when I played it back in the DVD ROM of my PC but my home TV's older DVD player wouldn't recognize the DVD. Since I'm burning several copies for all the folks who appeared on the video, this is a concern. I'm using Memorex DVD+R discs. Would DVD-R or a different brand work better? I just tested it on a newer home DVD player and it works fine but it launched right into the first act (John's Jokes) when I'd prefer it come up on the menu screen. What settings do I need to change so that inserting the DVD brings up the menu and then each act plays in succession after the first is selected? That was how my Sonic MyDVD program worked. Again, thanks for the help!

jj33x0.jpg

Memorex are poor quality discs, Verbatim are much better quality. Also check if your DVD player prefers -R or +R or is able to play both. You should also check with the people you are giving the DVDs.

If the DVD launched right into the first act then it looks like you have set that clip set as the Intro movie. To get the clips to play in sequence you have to set the linkage "After Playing" to link to the movie that is to play next.

The items as shown on your menu page are called Titles. Chapter would be created if you were to subdivide on of these Titles - you would then get a sub-menu page for a Title showing the chapter.

Archived