• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error With Mpeg 2 Codec

Frustrated two

Question

I have just purchased the download version of EMC 10. Having had trouble with many things, I reinstalled the product following the steps in the knowledgebase for a clean installation.

Things worked better but when I try to use VideoWave I get the message, "The following Codec(s) must be activated before using the application. MPEG -2"

I click OK to activate the codec and get the message, "No permission - Bad Installation"

If I click on an MPEG-2 file outside of EMC 10, it works just fine so my system is able to process MPEG 2 files.

Can anybody help?

7 answers to this question

Please read this Thread and especially read post numbers 6--12--and 13. But the entire thread will give lots of information.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ad+installation

Frank...

Thanks for pointing me to this thread. I'm glad to know that I am not alone with this problem. I will try the suggestions you recommended.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Thanks for pointing me to this thread. I'm glad to know that I am not alone with this problem. I will try the suggestions you recommended.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I followed the instructions for a clean install meaning I uninstalled everything first. I had some trouble uninstalling a program that I think was called, "SonicCodec.msi" or something similar. The uninstall procedure pointed to a place that did not exist on my computer so this may have been the source of the error. Microsoft Cleanup Utility was able to delete the reference to this code.

I reinstalled everything and, so far, it seems to be working. At least I did not get the MPEG -2 problem again. I haven't tried everything yet but I am cautiously optimistic.

Thanks to all who helped.

The activation issue was with EMC9 - did you have 9 installed prior to installing 10?

If so, there are probably remnants of 9 left behind which would cause that problem

No, I am new to the EMC products. EMC 10 was my first install. I did have some sample Roxio products that came installed on my computer but the clean install procedure should have deleted all of them.

Thanks for the suggestion

No, I am new to the EMC products. EMC 10 was my first install. I did have some sample Roxio products that came installed on my computer but the clean install procedure should have deleted all of them.

Thanks for the suggestion

Those would be the ones that caused the problem.

I followed the instructions for a clean install meaning I uninstalled everything first. I had some trouble uninstalling a program that I think was called, "SonicCodec.msi" or something similar. The uninstall procedure pointed to a place that did not exist on my computer so this may have been the source of the error. Microsoft Cleanup Utility was able to delete the reference to this code.

I reinstalled everything and, so far, it seems to be working. At least I did not get the MPEG -2 problem again. I haven't tried everything yet but I am cautiously optimistic.

Thanks to all who helped.

You are welcome, and it is nice to hear that you have it working now.

Archived