• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Won't Accept My Audio Files

I am using Audacity to RIP songs off of LPs. The songs are saved in a 44.100 hz, 16 bit format. When I try to import them into Roxio 5.0 as audio files I receive an error "This is not a valid or supported music file." I have used the same programs in the past with good results but for some reason they no longer work. Have a Dell PC I am working on. Don't know if this is important or not, but when I place the cursor on the music file it tells me it is a Windows Audio(?)

What file format are you saving the files in? What is the file extension?

It sounds as if you have saved them this time in a format which is not accepted by Easy CD Creator 5.

Regards,

Brendon

What file format are you saving the files in? What is the file extension?

It sounds as if you have saved them this time in a format which is not accepted by Easy CD Creator 5.

Regards,

Brendon

I saved them in WAV format. However, they don't have the suffix ".wav" at the end of the file description. However, I did them out using a software program called Switch which verified they were indeed WAV files. Thank you for your feedback. Doug

I saved them in WAV format. However, they don't have the suffix ".wav" at the end of the file description. However, I did them out using a software program called Switch which verified they were indeed WAV files. Thank you for your feedback. Doug

So, what do they have at the end of them? If there is no extension, then add one, and see if ECDC likes them. If it's a different extension, let us know what it is.

Enable the option to show file extensions to see what file type you have.

Enable the option to show file extensions to see what file type you have.

Thanks for your feedbacks. I discovered that although the songs were ripped at 16 bit, that the export was at 32 bits. After changing it to 16 bit Roxio recognized the file.

Doug

Thanks for your feedbacks. I discovered that although the songs were ripped at 16 bit, that the export was at 32 bits. After changing it to 16 bit Roxio recognized the file.

Doug

Doug

Doug

Glad to see you figured it out and everything is working :)

Archived