Automatically Adding Transitions - How?

kapaa

Question

Since I'm having problems with EMC10 capturing my video from my camera I use XP Movie-Maker to pull the video over and dump it to an AVI format. From here I can pull it into VideoWave, however, it's just one long video and I was hoping there's some setting or option that would automatically find 'stop - start' points and place a split in the video so I can add transitions. Manually doing this would take a lot of time.

Just so you know, when I try to capture video with EMC it constantly stops every few seconds and I have to keep clicking on caputre now. Even though my drive doesn't need defragging I did it twice. I kill any background processes, I turn off Virus and Firewall, and I searched for an updated driver for my TI OHCI IEEE Compliant 1394 host controller, found it, installed it and even tried re-installing a clean EMC10. Now it hangs about every 10 seconds as to 3 :angry: . MovieMaker doesn't do this, its a perfect clean run each time.

4 answers to this question

Thanks, I'll give this a try. To see if I could fix the 'hanging' issue during capture I just followed Roxio's instructions on doing a clean install. I removed Roxio and then went into MSCONFIG and disabled all startup apps, rebooted and now my PC is not booting. It just hangs at the 'Window XP' logo page during boot. This really stinks, why would they put a solution out there that causes more troubles, now I have to figure out how to get pass this new problem.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. To see if I could fix the 'hanging' issue during capture I just followed Roxio's instructions on doing a clean install. I removed Roxio and then went into MSCONFIG and disabled all startup apps, rebooted and now my PC is not booting. It just hangs at the 'Window XP' logo page during boot. This really stinks, why would they put a solution out there that causes more troubles, now I have to figure out how to get pass this new problem.

You might have to boot in 'safe' mode to see what the problem is.

Since I'm having problems with EMC10 capturing my video from my camera I use XP Movie-Maker to pull the video over and dump it to an AVI format. From here I can pull it into VideoWave, however, it's just one long video and I was hoping there's some setting or option that would automatically find 'stop - start' points and place a split in the video so I can add transitions. Manually doing this would take a lot of time.

Just so you know, when I try to capture video with EMC it constantly stops every few seconds and I have to keep clicking on caputre now. Even though my drive doesn't need defragging I did it twice. I kill any background processes, I turn off Virus and Firewall, and I searched for an updated driver for my TI OHCI IEEE Compliant 1394 host controller, found it, installed it and even tried re-installing a clean EMC10. Now it hangs about every 10 seconds as to 3 :angry: . MovieMaker doesn't do this, its a perfect clean run each time.

Most likely EMC stops capturing because there are blank gaps on the video tape because of start/stop while recording. EMC seems to have a problem with that.

I was hoping there's some setting or option that would automatically find 'stop - start' points and place a split in the video so I can add transitions.

You could try the 'scene detect' feature in VideoWave.

Select PRODUCTION from the menu, then ADD PHOTO/VIDEO. Find your movie on the hard drive using the box that popped up.

Now RIGHT CLICK on the video with that box still open and select 'SCENE DETECTION'. The VideoWave program will separate the video into scenes based on the change of light in the vidoe. This doesn't work well if you've filmed in the same area with no change in light.

Archived