Adding Aduio To A Production

PJGudel

Question

I have two questions related to adding music to a slideshow I created in Vidowave.

First: I added a song, Margaretville to the slide show, then added a second song. Margaretville has some silence at the end, a few slides go by before the next song starts. What is the best way to remove some of the silence at the end of the first song? I know you can remove it with the audio application, but what are the steps.

Second: I put four songs by different artists in one production. How do you, or were can you, normalize the audio. I am assuming, I’m not sure, that normalizing means evening out all audio tracks so one is not significantly louder than another.

Thanks,

Peter

1 answer to this question

I have two questions related to adding music to a slideshow I created in Vidowave.

First: I added a song, Margaretville to the slide show, then added a second song. Margaretville has some silence at the end, a few slides go by before the next song starts. What is the best way to remove some of the silence at the end of the first song? I know you can remove it with the audio application, but what are the steps.

Second: I put four songs by different artists in one production. How do you, or were can you, normalize the audio. I am assuming, I’m not sure, that normalizing means evening out all audio tracks so one is not significantly louder than another.

Thanks,

Peter

What most people will do is put the second song on a separate audio track, then drag it to overlap the first song, so there won't be any gaps.

Sometimes I use Sound Editor to join songs, and at the same time, get rid of the gaps that I don't want, then export the mix to a folder on my hard drive. I then use that new audio file in VideoWave.

Archived