• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Get Date And Time Stamp To Display?

kapaa

Question

I know Ulead had this option, even XP Movie Maker, so I would think Roxio has this option - went using VideoWave I want to be able to view the date/time that gets recorded on the video, from the video camera. I just want to be able to view it so at the beginning of certain transitions I can manually plug in the date using a text affect.

I did search the form and even the user manual, I'm seeing nothing on this.

7 answers to this question

This is horrible, I can't believe Roxio doesn't have this option. Yes, Windows Movie Maker will show the date and the time, it displays as an overlay in time-line mode and it shows up as an overlay on the sound-track which is perfect for me. I edit my home movies like to plug in a transition such as "Becky's School Musical - 6/25/06".

I'm VERY disappointed with this product, some basic things and they aren't there. I will surely discourage others from buying it... heck at this point i can't even get the product to work - when I try to import from my DV Camera it starts to import and then about 30 seconds in it just stops. I have tried all EMC recommened steps and still no luck. WMM works just fine, no hiccups at all. Wish I could get my money back.

This is horrible, I can't believe Roxio doesn't have this option. Yes, Windows Movie Maker will show the date and the time, it displays as an overlay in time-line mode and it shows up as an overlay on the sound-track which is perfect for me. I edit my home movies like to plug in a transition such as "Becky's School Musical - 6/25/06".

I'm VERY disappointed with this product, some basic things and they aren't there. I will surely discourage others from buying it... heck at this point i can't even get the product to work - when I try to import from my DV Camera it starts to import and then about 30 seconds in it just stops. I have tried all EMC recommened steps and still no luck. WMM works just fine, no hiccups at all. Wish I could get my money back.

Please tell me how you can get WMM to display the date and time in time-line mode? How do you get text to appear on an audio track?

OK, I see what you mean now. When I talk about displaying date/time I am referring to viewing the date/time on the actual video which WMM does not do either.

I edit my home movies like to plug in a transition such as "Becky's School Musical - 6/25/06".
That is just plain text that you have typed. That is NOT a time/date stamp which is from the original TAPE. Not even close to the same thing as the original question!

So yes, Videowave has no problem adding text to video. Just click the 'Add Text' button.

post-49-1210728989.jpg

That is just plain text that you have typed. That is NOT a time/date stamp which is from the original TAPE. Not even close to the same thing as the original question!

So yes, Videowave has no problem adding text to video. Just click the 'Add Text' button.

I believe this is what the OP is talking about.

post-103-1210729562.jpg

Can't you find the date/time by using Media Manager on DV AVI files?

How did you get the date/time to show on the timeline? I have WinXP SP3 and it doesn't show that in WMM and neither does WMM in Vista. I couldn't find the option anywhere. Even when I right click on the file thumbnail and choose Properties, it does NOT show date/time I filmed it.

The following attachment was captured in WMM as DV AVI tonight. It was filmed on May 2. I couldn't find a way to show the date/time from the tape.

post-49-1210733891.jpg

I know Ulead had this option, even XP Movie Maker, so I would think Roxio has this option - went using VideoWave I want to be able to view the date/time that gets recorded on the video, from the video camera. I just want to be able to view it so at the beginning of certain transitions I can manually plug in the date using a text affect.

I did search the form and even the user manual, I'm seeing nothing on this.

I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Do you mean that WMM has the ability to display the date/time on the video? Where is this option, I have never seen it?

Archived