• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Editing Text

dojo

Question

Hi,

I have been trying to edit previous text in my photos but the only thing I can do is add text. There is no response when I click on the existing text to edit. I have followed the "support" instructions on how to edit text in a photo but it doens't work. Is there no way to edit text in 7.5?

David

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I have been trying to edit previous text in my photos but the only thing I can do is add text. There is no response when I click on the existing text to edit. I have followed the "support" instructions on how to edit text in a photo but it doens't work. Is there no way to edit text in 7.5?

David

That's happened to me as well. I ended up deleting the text and reentering it. I think it happens when you edit the clip that the text is on or if you put some fancy scrolls on it or something.

Hi,

David

It depends on how you saved the photo with the text the last time. If you saved to a jpg (flattened image) then you can no longer edit the text since the different editing layers have been "merged" into one flat image. If you saved as a Photosuite format file (dmsp) you should stilll be able to edit the text on the photo.

It depends on how you saved the photo with the text the last time. If you saved to a jpg (flattened image) then you can no longer edit the text since the different editing layers have been "merged" into one flat image. If you saved as a Photosuite format file (dmsp) you should stilll be able to edit the text on the photo.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatley, I have over 1000 old family photo's with text of them now, all jpegs. I thought that I could remove the text if I wanted to have a print made of certain photo's for family members.

I don't remember any info from Roxio mentioning saying you wouldn't be able to remove text, once it was put on.

Thnaks again :)

David

It is impossible for me to edit the text in a new project. I am trying to change the fonts in the calendar that is generated when I start the project. Could someone please advise how to do so? The project does not show the text in the editing box when it is selected. Thanks.

This thread is 7 months old, and your question has nothing to do with editing photo text. Start a new thread.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatley, I have over 1000 old family photo's with text of them now, all jpegs. I thought that I could remove the text if I wanted to have a print made of certain photo's for family members.

I don't remember any info from Roxio mentioning saying you wouldn't be able to remove text, once it was put on.

David

I would think that most folks would know that if you saved it as a .jpeg, you aren't going to be able to change the text, again.

David

If you used EMC 7.5 to edit your photos, the following info is available

post-103-1143499362.jpg

Archived