• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need Some Help!

lvipren

Question

HI! I´M VERY NEW IS THIS STUFF OF BURNING, SO I HAVE SEVERAL GAMES THAT I DOWNLOUDED IN MY COMPUTER SO SEVERAL MOVIES BUT I DONT KNOW IN WHICH FORMAT I HAVE TO BURN IT, IF AS A IMAGE, ETC... PLEASE HELP ME BEACUSE THIS IS TAKING ME SPACE OF MY COMPUTER... MY MAIL IS LVIPREN@HOTMAIL.COM :unsure:

1 answer to this question

Livipren,

Your question is too vague and general for me to make much of it, I'm sorry. Here's a generic reply. If you still have questions after this you'll need to narrow them a bit.

If you have downloaded games you want to save and store, they should be burned as data discs. A CD will do up to about 700 MBs, a DVD if they're bigger than that, up to about 4.3GBs.

A disc image is just that - an image of a CD or DVD - and it's not practically useful. It's just a way of storing a disc you've built until you burn it.

As for movies, they are often downloaded as AVIs. These can be stored on data CDs [700MB] or DVDs, and with modern 'DivX certified' DVD players they can actually be played from the data discs as well. If you have an older player the AVIs have to be converted to DVD-Video before your player will handle them.

If your movies are downloaded as .VOB, .BUP, and .IFO files then they are ready to burn as a Video-DVD without further conversion.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived