• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With EMC 9 & 10

steveleenow

Question

I've been using Roxio easy media creator (and equivalents) for years - since version 4. Last fall I upgraded to version 10, on my VISTA 32 bit machine (Pentium 4 3.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 512MB ATI 1650 video card, ATI TV-Wonder capture card; Creative X-Fi sound card) and had little to no problems with it. From time to time it would freeze but I put that down to me doing too much at once (photoshop, wordprocessor, internet, downloading stuff, etc.).

Every 4 to 6 months I do a format of my primary hard drive and reinstall windows from scratch, the updates and my programs. I find it keeps things running smoothly when I need my computer to work well. But now, I can't get Roxio to work. Version 10 kept hanging and freezing up on me. It would not even start. I did a search and found many people were having the same problems - and one person even noted that roxio tech support had told him that the only truly stable version of EMC was 9.01. So tonight I even downgraded to it. But still - the thing hangs up on me and freezes at start up. Very annoying.

I'm about ready to stop using the program. Everything else on my computer works fine (Quicktime; Real; DIVX; WINDVD; Windows Media Player; MS Office Suite; Corel Office Suite; Corel Draw; Corel Painter; Adobe Master Collection; Flock; MSN Messenger; Yahoo Messenger). No problems anywhere but with Roxio. I think Corel makes something similar alongside their WinDVD suite that is like EMC and right now I'm tempted to check it out. I don't have time to do another clean install of everything just to hopefully get EMC 9.01 working again.

- Steve

I have VISTA sp1 and Roxio EMC 9 and 10 running. Are you having a specific problem?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived