• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Buttons

weewillystine

Question

I'm new to video. After some research I settled on and purchased EM Creator 8 Suite and applied the 8.05 patch. I managed to get through VideoWave inspite of incessant BSD crashes. (I'm hoping a memory upgrade will reduce the crashes.)

MyDVD is the current problem. I'm just trying to get a single, simple, short video onto my first DVD. How frustrating to find that the menu buttons insist on previewing the video. All I really want is a simple text button and cannot discover how to get one!

Am I missing something obvious?

3 answers to this question

I'm new to video. After some research I settled on and purchased EM Creator 8 Suite and applied the 8.05 patch. I managed to get through VideoWave inspite of incessant BSD crashes. (I'm hoping a memory upgrade will reduce the crashes.)

MyDVD is the current problem. I'm just trying to get a single, simple, short video onto my first DVD. How frustrating to find that the menu buttons insist on previewing the video. All I really want is a simple text button and cannot discover how to get one!

Am I missing something obvious?

To get only a text button, click Change Menu Style in the Edit window. Select a style that has only text buttons. That is the only way to get a menu without the preview buttons. If you do not like the background, you can change it to any picture or mpeg yo have on your hard drive by clicking Change Menu Background in the Edit window. The text buttons will remain.

Hope that helps.

Merve,

Thanks! There were only 3 menu styles to choose from but one is text menus and I was able to get to the result I was looking for.

Lots to lean, here, but the results are fairly pleasing.

Do you know if Roxio offers an upgrade path from Suite to Deluxe Suite? I was unable to find one on their web site but I'd sure like to be able to perform a lot of the stuff that's crippled in the Suite product without forking out $99 in addition to what I've already got in Suite!

Merve,

Thanks! There were only 3 menu styles to choose from but one is text menus and I was able to get to the result I was looking for.

Lots to lean, here, but the results are fairly pleasing.

Do you know if Roxio offers an upgrade path from Suite to Deluxe Suite? I was unable to find one on their web site but I'd sure like to be able to perform a lot of the stuff that's crippled in the Suite product without forking out $99 in addition to what I've already got in Suite!

Your welcome. Glad you found something that worked for you.

I am not aware of an upgrade offer, but I don't work for Roxio so I really have no way of knowing. I would suggest you contact Customer Service (link to the left on this page) and ask that question.

Archived