• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

First Project Ever, Dvdit Hd Won't Play Back Smoothly

Bradfu

Question

Hiya,

I'm a noob here for this app. Here's my problem:

Large project (1hr10min) cut on Avid. I export as a QT ref file.

Import that file into DVDit HD.

Load onto timeline. Large file, so it takes a minute to, "Make Movie file), etc.

When I scrub through the timeline, every click of the mouse causes DVDit HD to freeze, think for awhile, then go to the frame that I positioned the mouse over.

If I activate the Simulate tool, I get no audio, and a black screen.

I definitely can't author a disc this way! Help!!!! I need to get this client off my back!! : )

As a troubleshoot, I imported a file that I used in Adobe Encore, so it was already compressed through Sorenson and made into a wmv file. It played SMOOTH, but was displayed in 4:3, and it's an HD file (downconverted into SD since I used Sorenson 3). I bought DVDit HD in the first place because this project was shot in HD.

Any tips? I can't imagine that simply because the QT ref file is so big that it's making DVDit lock up.

Let's see...........1TB of space, dual 3.06 processors. My video card isn't capable of playing back HD, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the authoring process, right?

Cheers,

bfu

5 answers to this question

what was the original video you brought in? A QT reference shouldn't take time to import really. What is the underlying codec of the file your are outputting? DNXHD or what? what version of QT is on your computer? did you try to output a disc to see how that plays back? Bring the WMV into the timelines twice, I think you will see that it actually shows as widescreen...that's just a bug in the preview, should not effect the output.

Original video is a QT Ref file pointing back to a 720p project in Avid Express 5.7.2.

Avid codec.

QT version 7.2

No, I didn't try a disc.

I'll try it twice.

Also, as a workaround: I exported as a QT Movie, which is just over 2 hours long, 1280x720, and is roughly 5 gigs. I bring that into the timeline, click on BD-25 in the popup menu at the bottom of the timeline, and it says that the project is actually using 28.4 gigs. Any idea what's wrong with that?

Thanks Scott,

-b

I would also suggest that you should try to convert your QT video to MPG with a 3rd party software, and see if it works better.

It was a bitrate issue, thanks SS! I'm not out of the woods yet though..........

what was the original video you brought in? A QT reference shouldn't take time to import really. What is the underlying codec of the file your are outputting? DNXHD or what? what version of QT is on your computer? did you try to output a disc to see how that plays back? Bring the WMV into the timelines twice, I think you will see that it actually shows as widescreen...that's just a bug in the preview, should not effect the output.

Original video is a QT Ref file pointing back to a 720p project in Avid Express 5.7.2.

Avid codec.

QT version 7.2

No, I didn't try a disc.

I'll try it twice.

Also, as a workaround: I exported as a QT Movie, which is just over 2 hours long, 1280x720, and is roughly 5 gigs. I bring that into the timeline, click on BD-25 in the popup menu at the bottom of the timeline, and it says that the project is actually using 28.4 gigs. Any idea what's wrong with that?

Thanks Scott,

-b

I would also suggest that you should try to convert your QT video to MPG with a 3rd party software, and see if it works better.

Archived