• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Remove Or Trim Background Audio Ttrack

Joe Tierno

Question

Hello,

I have added a song as background audio to a video. The song is too long and plays over a slide at the end of my project. I've spent countless hours and I'm feeling frustated and dumb at this point. Here is a synopsis:

1. Started a new project in MC 10.

2. Imported 24 slides.

3. Imported a video.

4. Added 4 separate audio backgrounds. Everything is fine up to here.

5. Imported another slide. I want to have a separate audio background of 45 seconds just for this slide but I can't stop the audio from the previous panel (video) from playing on the slide at the end of the production.

6. I lengthened the time for the slides thinking the song would finish during the video but no dice.

7. Can I export just the video portion (many hours clipping) and start over with a shortened audio?

Thanks,

Joe

p.s. This does not begin to explain how many hours I have done starting over projects, etc. Very frustrating.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

I have added a song as background audio to a video. The song is too long and plays over a slide at the end of my project. I've spent countless hours and I'm feeling frustated and dumb at this point. Here is a synopsis:

1. Started a new project in MC 10.

2. Imported 24 slides.

3. Imported a video.

4. Added 4 separate audio backgrounds. Everything is fine up to here.

5. Imported another slide. I want to have a separate audio background of 45 seconds just for this slide but I can't stop the audio from the previous panel (video) from playing on the slide at the end of the production.

6. I lengthened the time for the slides thinking the song would finish during the video but no dice.

7. Can I export just the video portion (many hours clipping) and start over with a shortened audio?

Thanks,

Joe

p.s. This does not begin to explain how many hours I have done starting over projects, etc. Very frustrating.

I assume you are using Video Wave because that is about the only way you are going to do it easily.

Start by watching this. After you've done so, come back and ask any questions you are not sure of. You might want to try adding that 45 second audio to the internal track of that one slide just in case you move it later. The audio and any other effects you add to the internal track for that one slide will move with the slide.

EXCELLENT. Are there more of these videos available? Thank you very much. My Video Wave production is now complete.

Now I need to determine how to upload to You Tube. I followed the instructions found under the forum "Tips and Tricks". Should I go to another forum or can you help me?

There are two files created by my production, one with a file ext of ".dmsm". Using "Manage Media" (not Media Manager per tips) I right clicked on the icon for this file but "Upload to YouTube" was dimmed. I right clicked on the other file (ext of .dat) and the You Tube upload was not dimmed. I uploaded it but the file was not recognized.

What am I doing wrong? For the record, I was able to load a previous video (not created in Roxio) with an ext of "MPEG4" as I recall.

After 30 hours of using this software I feel like a complete fool. PLEASE HELP

Thanks,

Joe

I assume you are using Video Wave because that is about the only way you are going to do it easily.

Start by watching this. After you've done so, come back and ask any questions you are not sure of. You might want to try adding that 45 second audio to the internal track of that one slide just in case you move it later. The audio and any other effects you add to the internal track for that one slide will move with the slide.

EXCELLENT. Are there more of these videos available? Thank you very much. My Video Wave production is now complete.

Now I need to determine how to upload to You Tube. I followed the instructions found under the forum "Tips and Tricks". Should I go to another forum or can you help me?

There are two files created by my production, one with a file ext of ".dmsm". Using "Manage Media" (not Media Manager per tips) I right clicked on the icon for this file but "Upload to YouTube" was dimmed. I right clicked on the other file (ext of .dat) and the You Tube upload was not dimmed. I uploaded it but the file was not recognized.

What am I doing wrong? For the record, I was able to load a previous video (not created in Roxio) with an ext of "MPEG4" as I recall.

After 30 hours of using this software I feel like a complete fool. PLEASE HELP

Thanks,

Joe

The .dmsm file is a set of instructions for what you want the software to do with your production files. It is not a movie. You need to open your production in VideoWave, click on File, then on Output As, then pick a video file type that YouTube suggests.

Archived