• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Way Off Topic

jim666

Question

(previous EMC 8 and 9 user - running Windows XP Home SP2) The main program opens and I select Data Disc then Creator Classic which opens BUT when I drag "My Documents" to the lower pane, I get "The program has encounered a problem and needs to close" window followed by the usual Send Error report to MS. After this has happened, Roxio EMC10 will not open by double-clicking on the Roxio icon on the desktop and have to Restart the computer to get EMC10 to run again.

I have reinstalled the program which hasn't resolved the problem. Everything else seems to work as I did a Backup to an external HDD and used the Photo section without any problems. Also, Creator Classic runs fine on my laptop with XP SP2.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

EMC10 Creator Classic will not copy individual files from one data disk to another data disk. Will copy from hard drive to disk or flash drive etc. No solution. You will find this mentioned elsewhere in forum. Just live with it. Use simplied data disk routine in EMC10.

8 answers to this question

Nobody here has been talking about copying from one data disc to a multi-session disc so your posts are really irrelevant.

Do you have a link to "the well-known and publicized EMC10 Creator Classic crash problem with copying files from one data disk to another existing multisession data disk"? I have never heard or read about it.

I know it isn't relevant tothe original message on this topic but I ask for help from anyone when I can. The existing original topic on this forum is "Creator Classic Crashes when adding file to disk." dated January 17, 2008. I asked for help and a fine guru named "GrandpaBruce" said he was also able to duplicate the problem on his computer. A message to tech service went unanswered. A Best Buy technician confirmed he knew of the problem also but said I would probably have to live with it since it might be an aberration confined to specific computers. . But if you are really a guru, see if you can duplicate the problem. Using EMC10 Creator Classic, put an existing open multisession data disk in your second CD drive and place another existing open multisession data disk in your recording RW drive. Copy a file from your non-RW drive to the window of the RW drive. Mine shows the file is added to the appendable disk but the program crashes when I try to burn the copy. EMC10 has a newer and simpler second data file copier, as you know, and it works okay as does my Creator Classic on EMC 7.5 and 9 versions. If you are so inclined, sir, would you post what you find?

Next time start your own thread! Your reply had nothing to do with what the OP was referring to.

I just took two Open CD's and added a file from disc2 to the imported session of disc1 in Creator Classic and burned it.

No Crash no fuss, both discs are fine and have the files intended…

The 'workaround' is that you have to first import the session from your target disc then add the files to the Creator Classic project using Windows Explorer.

Or you could just bypass Creator Classic and do it directly from Windows Explorer utilizing XP or Vista Burning…

This has been reported and will get fixed at some point in time. Since it is something that is rarely encountered, I doubt it is a high priority. For that matter I am not sure what is! :lol:

Next time start your own thread! Your reply had nothing to do with what the OP was referring to.

I just took two Open CD's and added a file from disc2 to the imported session of disc1 in Creator Classic and burned it.

No Crash no fuss, both discs are fine and have the files intended…

The 'workaround' is that you have to first import the session from your target disc then add the files to the Creator Classic project using Windows Explorer.

Or you could just bypass Creator Classic and do it directly from Windows Explorer utilizing XP or Vista Burning…

This has been reported and will get fixed at some point in time. Since it is something that is rarely encountered, I doubt it is a high priority. For that matter I am not sure what is! :lol:

Jim Hardin: Thanks for your response. I knew you would come through!! I am well aware of the routes you mentioned but wished the normal approach would work. Thread pirate? That's a new one!! Mercy me, you would have me walking the plank!! What would we do without you fellows who contribute most of the responses? Best Regards.

EMC10 Creator Classic will not copy individual files from one data disk to another data disk. Will copy from hard drive to disk or flash drive etc. No solution. You will find this mentioned elsewhere in forum. Just live with it. Use simplied data disk routine in EMC10.

It most certainly will!

But even so, this has absolutely nothing to do what the problem the OP described…

We will have to get you a Roxio Patch for yur eye ;)

Have you tried the Explorer way I mentioned? Result you found??

Forgot to mention as you suggested that going OUTSIDE the EMC program windows to Windows Explorer and MANUALLY DRAGGING file from source disk to destination disk inside EMC appending window worked and the file was burned. Isn't this strange? I called my technician friend and he said he was able to do the same thing. He said he will tell others. That ends this topic, thank goodness. Until the next problem, so long for now.

It most certainly will!

But even so, this has absolutely nothing to do what the problem the OP described…

Obviously, you haven't encountered the well-known and publicized EMC10 Creator Classic crash problem with copying files from one data disk to another existing multisession data disk which makes you one of the more fortunate users of EMC10. Good for you.

Obviously, you haven't encountered the well-known and publicized EMC10 Creator Classic crash problem with copying files from one data disk to another existing multisession data disk which makes you one of the more fortunate users of EMC10. Good for you.

Nobody here has been talking about copying from one data disc to a multi-session disc so your posts are really irrelevant.

Do you have a link to "the well-known and publicized EMC10 Creator Classic crash problem with copying files from one data disk to another existing multisession data disk"? I have never heard or read about it.

Archived